Friday, December 12, 2008

Cute Hanglars -




Why is it Hanglars make me so happy to use? Is it because they are so rare (not being able to purchase them myself here in the US) Is it that they are special gifts from friends? Probably both -






This cute couple is colored with my Ranger Distressing inks, then highlighted with white gel pen.






I love the colors I pulled them from the K&Company Pattern papers, very vintage feeling. I used a chocolate brown Bazzill card stock for the base and to mat my couple, doodling around both. Ran a couple pieces of polka dot ribbon across, and then what do you think about that flower? I don't even remember who it is from, I got it literally YEARS ago in swap, very old fashioned and home made looking, even though it wasn't. I used a small button for the center.




For some added texture I used one of my Fiskar's Border Punches and punched a piece of cream colored cards stock, then inked the edge. This makes it qualify for this weeks Cute Card Thursday Challenge - to use a punch! My sentiment is from Hero Arts, I think LOL, stamped in brown then cut and matted to match. Then one last thing... Do you love those brads I used to put down the image? Oh I wish you could feel them!!! They are flocked.. fuzzy.. like velour. They are from Doodlebug, I so love them.



I hope my Hanglars made you smile, I enjoyed them - Today is MIL shopping day. We will see how long I make it. My back was doing so much better, but today it is tight again. I am hoping as the weather warms up so will my back. Better get moving, slowly and get going - Have a great Friday!


HUGS and -

12 comments:

Andrea, said...

This is fantastic Michelle, I love the colours you have used for the fab image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! Those Hanglars are so cute, no wonder they make you smile!!

Hugs, Kelly

Anne H. said...

Such a fab card!
Beautiful colors and details!
I also love my Hanglar-stamp...
Anne -:)

Annie said...

Michelle they are just darling! and I love the vintage feel of the card and the DI colouring. hope the back keeps on getting better. hugs, annie x

Ila said...

Well they sure made me smile Michelle....Your card is Gorgeous...and the way you colored this sweet couple is Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Catherine said...

so cute, Michelle :)

Nancy said...

Another wonderful card, but by now, I know that they will all be wonderful. I really need to get this move behind me, so I can play too. How are the wee donkeys? Nancy

Rach said...

stunning Michelle,
love love the flower and how you have coloured your fabby hangler images.
gorgeous, hun. hope that you have a fabulous weekend. Hugs rachxx

Chris (catt871) said...

cute cute CUTE!!!!!!!!! IF you ever get a lead on how to get Hanglars, let me know!!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you chose. Hope your back is doing better.

Bev said...

Amazing card Michelle - you always combine the most gorgeous colours together. Love the layout too and the flower is delish!!

hugs Bev x

Naoual said...

Lovely card.

xx Naoual