Monday, December 22, 2008

A little crafting time before Christmas!




I was one busy elf yesterday! I worked on Christmas gifts all day almost all done with them! I had an hour or so to "play" and just have some fun. I used one of the new Sarah Kay images Picnic Time, I love how cute the little doll is in the high chair. I had a high chair sort of like this as a kid, it was so little and cute.









I colored her with my Copics, then used all Basic Grey Wassail papers on a black card stock base. The swirls are really fun! I got one gift from my MIL early - she got me a Making Memories Slice!!!! This thing is really cool, I think I am really going to love it. I only have a few cartridges now, I hope they come out with more words next year - While cleaning part of my stash this last week I found a package of Making Memories metal tags (and a bunch of other things I forgot I had LOL!). They seemed perfect for this card. I then added three buttons, then stitched doodled the edges. It felt so fun to just make a card - a simple fun card.





Ok... gotta run now we are going out for a couple of last minute gifts. You done? I haven't wrapped one thing yet, then I have to bake a million cookies and clean - I hope to get on at least once more before Christmas - if not have a wonderful blessed day!

HUGS and-

13 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Michelle! Your color choice is warm and rich. Darling image and fabulus coloring.

Chris (catt871) said...

So so sooooo pretty!!!!!! Merry Christmas Michelle!!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Michelle! Adorable image and it's colored perfectly! !

Wishing you a very Happy Holiday season!!

Hugs, Kelly

Ila said...

Wow!! this is So Gorgeous!! love the papers and coloring and that image is the Sweetest!!...Happy Holidays!!..Hugs, Ila

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is beautiful, I love the warm colours. Love the new photos of your donkey babies, they are gorgeous.

Nancy said...

Oh Michelle, I don't know how you do it, but every single card you make is a true winner. I am so glad to see a stamp with a doll since one of my major loves is dolls and dressing them. I have such fond memories of my Mary Hoyer dolls as a child. The colors you used are fabulous. My friend just ordered a Slice and I just may have to now also. Absoloutely wonderful card. Nancy

Nancy said...

Michelle, I meant to ask where you get your Sarah Kay stamps? Thanks. Nancy

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, the colours are so nice and the image just adorable.
Loved the donkey pictures, Josie is so so cute!!
Thank you so much for my lovely christmas card with all your super animals on, and the poem inside is just fab!
Wishing you a merry christmas and wonderful new year.
Joanne x

Kristine said...

Your papers and colors are scrumptious!! LOVE them so much and this image brings back childhood memories. Great card! :)

Donalda said...

Oh this is just precious dear and so beautiful colored. You have a Very Merry Christmas dear.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and adorable image.
Happy Christmas
Luv
Debby

Heidi said...

I am done Michelle- but I do not bake and don't really make too many gifts. This year I did make vacation memory boooks for both parents of our vacation to Mexico though! They are done and wrapped.
This card is absolutely beautiful!
Merry Christmas my friend!
Heidi

Annie said...

what a gorgeous card Michelle, love the muted reds and greens and of course the darling image. hugs, annie x