Sunday, December 7, 2008

Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge and a HUGE SURPRISE!!!

Yea it is Sunday and time for the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge! And this week is a really fun challenge... but before I get to that I am about to bust with excitement.......








Yesterday I was at my class all day, and Hubby was gone as well... we got home at the same time, which was really perfect timing.









What was the HUGE SURPRISE?














Well out in one of the pastures was.... A BABY DONKEY!!!! Jolene or "JoJo" as we call her... totally surprised us and with out any warning she had her baby out in the pasture! Totally freaked us out, for a few seconds we thought Freddie had got out of the Momma Pen - but wait this baby is dark and really really tiny!!!




So in a blur of activity we harnessed up Bella and Freddie and moved them to the young pen with all of the newly weaned babies. (we were planning to do that today) Then Jolene and the new baby were moved into the Momma Pen. You could tell the baby had a really wild day in that pen with all of the other donkeys - We have a couple of females that are just dying to be Momma's themselves and were trying to take the baby from JoJo. It took a little while for them to calm down but then they were happy and safe and bonding well. Josephina or "Josie" as I will call her, is really really small. She measures only 19 inches! (You measure from the "withers" base of neck to the ground) This is our smallest baby so far, and we thought Lina and Gloria were small!
So this was very happy exciting evening! A baby we really did not think was coming until the end of December!

Ok... now to the challenge! This week Donna asked us to make Christmas Gift Tags...If your anything like me you always run out of tags! Or you may have an extra special gift that you would like to have that extra special personal touch on your gift, so make a gift tag of any size and make as many as you like.
For mine I used my old red Sizzix die and cut three tags out of Kraft paper, I stamped them with three of the Rachelle Anne Miller Christmas stamps. I colored them with my pencils and mineral spirits, then high lighted with Sakura Glitter Pens and White gel pen. I doodled the edges and then inked the edges. Found some dotted ribbons for the ties. They were really quick to make and I think I am going to make a bunch more to use this year!!!
I hope you take time to join in on the challenge and make sure to visit the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Site and see how creative the other DT were! Wow they blow me away every week!
Ok.... gotta run... hubby is literally tapping his foot waiting on me ..... need to go out and check the donkeys.. take a few photos and then we have to meet the gang for breakfast -
Sorry it is quick! Hope you have a great Sunday!
HUGS and-

22 comments:

Annie said...

aw I'm in love all over again! mind you, I still have a soft spot for Gloria but this little darling is in there too! oh and I nearly forgot to mention the fabulous tags, those RAM stamps look fabulous on them. hugs, annie x

Kathy said...

Your tags are gorgeus! I love the look with the kraft paper!! They look fabulous!!
COngrats on the new Donkey ~ and waiting for it didn't keep you up all night!! (LOL)
Have a great day! :)Kathy

Marja Sch said...

Ohhh what a lovely suprise. It's so much fun reading your stories and this one is so special. Your tags are adorable to. I love to visit your blog . Hugs Marja

Suzanne said...

Oh she is just the cutest little Donkey and I am sure Mum was pleased when you arrived home to save her and her baby!!! Love the tags just wish I had time still trying to finish Christmas Cards!!!. Sue :o)

Jilli said...

Awwww she's gorgeous and what an amazing surprise, I wish I had surprises like that. Your tags are pretty too! Jillix

Heidi said...

Wow your tags are so beautiful my friend-love the images and your coloring! Great job!!!
And a new baby again-you lucky girl. I love the photos and the donkey are sooooo cute.


Hugs from
Heidi

BethW said...

She is certainly a little beauty. What a wonderful Christmas blessing.
I have to get some of those Sakura pens your tags are awesome.

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Oh how exciting! A new baby donkey, a surprise baby ;) I really love her!

And your gift tags are wonderful!!! I think it's cool how many different ideas there were from the DT this week, isn't it?

Hugs
Jay Jay

Sally said...

JoJo is so adorable. AND so are your tags...Thanks for sharing the photos.

Anonymous said...

Awww... the baby is soooooooo sweet!!! I didn't know they were so cute when they were babies! lol!

I love your tags... they're beautiful!!!! :)

Anita said...

Congrats on your new addition! She is so cute. I love your tags.

Anonymous said...

wow..what a wonderful surprise...she is just the cutest.
Love your tags Michelle.
Carole x

Cessan said...

Oh..so cute little Donkey.. if i could i would kidnap her :D so cuddly

Nancy said...

Oh, the new baby is so sweet. What joy there must be around your house. You had no idea this little one was coming? Early Christmas present, I guess.

Your gift tags are just wonderful and I must join that group once I get moved. Such talent!

PaperSunshine said...

OH my what a big surprise! Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh- she is beautiful Michelle! She almost looks like she has similar legs as Freddie (my first love). When I saw her though she did look quite small so that makes sense. Congrats.

ribenaruby said...

Fantastic tags! Beautiful ribbons. You didn't have to lose sleep over this cute addition to your donkeys. All is well at the end. Enjoy your day!

Betty J Schaub said...

AWe Michelle what an adorablew little donkey! Soo cute!
Love the tags too.

DawnMarie said...

What a lovely surprise! Congratulations.x

Lim said...

Your new donkey is ADORABLE!!! and your tags too. :))
Hugs,
LIM

TA Carbone said...

Michelle those tags are awesome and what a surprise with the baby. She is adorable. Congratulations to you all and give mommy a hug from a friend

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

How cute this little donkey is.I love him :)). Congrats.I was wondering when how mamma donkey was doing and if the baby had arrived yet but I lost your blog and today I found it again.:))I'm glad they are doing well.
I love your tags, gotta try to make them too, it's quick and easy and they look great.:))

Rosalien