Friday, December 5, 2008

Cute Card Hearts -

Ok, this was a fun card to do. It was great to do a card with some Hearts - I love hearts, collect them... it started with my wedding - I was married on Valentines day. When I opened up the Cute Card Challenge Blog, I was expecting Christmas, New Years, Red and Green something to do with the season. But was thrilled and actually excited to sit down and do a card for it. Hearts!







I started by finding an image with hearts... I have quite a few, but this one just made me smile. This is "Walking in the Rain Umbrella" from Alota Rubber Stamps. Is she cute or what? I colored with my Copics and white gel pen. For my pattern papers I used Imaginations patterns that I thought complimented the colors in the image. (I got so excited about the hearts, I forgot to pick the pattern paper before I colored... oops... then I had to go through and find some that matched, but these work I think) I inked the edges of the two patterns with a dark pink ink. Matted the image with the same card stock as the base, then stitched the edges of both with my gel pen. I ran a piece of light blue ribbon across to pull the color of the sky and the small blue flowers in the pattern paper.






Now how excited did I get when I was digging through my thousand of flowers and found those two pink dot flowers? They match the paper perfect! I stacked with a larger and smaller pink Prima flowers, jewelry spacers and pink mini brads. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy and is perfect for the image. Then just for some added fun and heart I punched a large Heart with my Fiskar's Squeeze punch, and inked the edge with the dark pink. So happy with all the hearts and pink! Hope they like it at Cute Card Challenge -








So what do you have planned for this weekend? Me, I have a class on Saturday to teach, then I am hoping to work on my Christmas Cards and a few gifts on Sunday. So the plans have a crafty good weekend, we will see if that is actually happens - HA! Hope you have a great one planned -





HUGS and-


17 comments:

cats whiskers said...

This is just perfect Michelle I love the colours you have chosen and what a happy card it is
Hugs Jacqui x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the cute image and the colouring is fantastic. Love the papers also. Michele x

Holly Young said...

Cute card, and I love the flowers too! Your coloring is great!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab, love the image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Rach said...

fabulous Michelle, gorgeous image. and papers. hope you have fun with your class and get to do the crafting that you have planned. Hugs Rachxx

mueppi said...

Your card is beautiful and i Love this cute image and your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Ila said...

Oh Yes!! she is just the Cutest..and I love those papers...Beautiful!!....Have a Wonderful Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

ah Michelle, this is just darling! such a cute image and I love all the hearts. enjoy your weekend, hugs, annie x

Anita said...

Cute card! A big heart with inked edges is a neat touch.

Ultramum said...

Beautiful :-)

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute!! Love the hearts!!

Nancy said...

Michelle, as always, another fabulous card! My youngest was born on Valentine's Day so we know what a special day it is! Bravo. Nancy

Allison Rankin said...

Super job Michelle!

Annie said...

love your card.

Ann xxx

Sally said...

Great card!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, such acute image and i love the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Els G. said...

Love your card, it's gorgeous!
Els
x