Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dust It Off Sunday - 10 - House Mouse - Might As Well Dance - Candle

Hello - Did you have a good Christmas? Our family did, but worn out and tired! Was a great couple of days with family though. Today for Dust It Off Sunday  I wanted to show you a Candle I made as a gift. The only handmade gift I made, and I made it weeks ago..

I adore this dancing House Mouse - It is a simple small little stamp that is just perfect for gift tags, cards and other items.
Simple to color with Copics, and then of course add some pink stickles to her tutu :0) I cut out with an oval Nestie, edged it in pink Copic and the matted with a white scallop Nestie. I did two of these...
Then used scrap pattern paper and wrapped it around a vanilla scented candle jar. Edged with a Martha Stewart Embroidered Floral Border punch top and bottom.  Two dancing mice.. and then the sentiment -
The perfect sentiment for the image. This is from Hampton Arts... One of my favorite says - I then added mulberry roses between each oval, Martha Stewart Frond Leaves, and LOTS and LOTS of rhinestone pink blings..... never enough bling!

It made a really cute girlie gift - and I do believe there will be a few more candles made this coming year - (Told you I had more gifts planned and didn't get to them... So I have the candles ready to decorate!)

I do hope you had a wonderful holiday, and me... breakfast with the locals today, then a couple of errands and then home for some quiet time... just Hubby, Me and 2 dogs... 2 puppies... a cat....  ok maybe not so quiet.. but some time for some crafting, and watching movies maybe.

Have a wonderful Sunday  -
HUGS and-

5 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Oh what alobely project. Such a cute house mouse and wonderful sentiment. Hugs Marja

♥...Mo...♥ said...

I love the sentiment ...
is a lovely project

Martina said...

What a lovely present and the sentiment is absolutly great!! Love that!
Martina

Tracy said...

What a gorgeous gift, I love it and I adore your House Mouse image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carol Dee said...

Sweet candle. Love the mouse and ALL the bling. Have a relaxing day. Hugs...