Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Me and My Space #6 - My Inky Drawer

Welcome to "Me and My Space" today! - I have had request asking for how I organize my inks. I am not real organized when it comes to my ink, I am still search the net for the best way for me to keep all my inks together in one place. So for now I will show you my "inky"drawer. This drawer is a small metal rolling file thingy I purchased at Office Depot. I have two of them side by side, right next to Dad's drafting table I use for my desk. Since his desk has no drawers I had find things that worked in my space. These metal cabinets work well until I find that perfect piece for me. I am always looking for ways to tweak my space, and make things more organized and prettier :0) And well.. I love to shop!

Today I'll show you the top drawer - There is a lot going on in this one little drawer!

 As you pull the drawer out you will find this drawer holds all my "Inky" Type of items, So lets see what we have here - You will find on the left my sponge daubers in a dauber box. Love that I finally have a house for these.. as I was always loosing them. I'll show a photo below. Then my most used inks stacked up side down. Front is some of  my Mementos - and behind those some of my Ranger Distressing Inks. I have many more of these in another drawer, but these are the most used colors.

Behind my inks you will see my Glimmer Mist - I don't use these often enough, so I moved them recently to this drawer hoping that seeing them more often will get me to use them.  Now back to the front of the drawer you see my Stickles keeper thingy holders - LOL that is what I call them. These are FABULOUS!!! I first saw these last year at CHA, the lady that came up with them were across the isle from us, and when I got home I searched them out and purchased some for myself. They are called  actually called - Bottle Caddys from ScrapCessories and I purchased my HERE at Scrapbook.com they also make storage boxes that stack to put them in, but I didn't need more boxes stacked up, I wanted something at arms reach at my desk for my stickles, the great thing is that they store them upside down if you like, I like, cuz that way all the "stuff" is always at the top of the bottle! No more shaking to move things to come out and spurt all over my card. LOL I also keep my Shimmer Spritz, Smooches, Ranger re-inkers and paints in these. Behind the Bottle Caddy's I put large bottles of paint and embossing powders.  You also will find any seasonal needed items just "placed" in this space. For example... right now you can see my Polar Flower Soft for Snow.. and some Crackle paints that I have been really into right now.

Here are the close ups I promised to show you...

 First the Sponge Dauber box. I do believe I actually purchased this at Scrapbook.com as well. I use my white gel pen and write on the sides of my daubers to let me know what color they are used with.
 
And here is the Bottle Caddy out of my drawer... cool huh? Love this and what a brilliant idea! Wish I had come up with it, and then been smart enough to market it!! LOL OH and this company has many other storage solutions for their boxes, Cricut Cartridge holders, ribbon and on and on... check them out!

Well this was a small space in my craft room, but a very important drawer that is opened and closed a million times while I am working! I like having things at easy reach, so the things I use on most projects I try and keep close. I am lazy, don't like to get up and down while working... so my "inky drawer" is a bunch of my favorite products.

Hope you enjoyed - and shout out and let me know what else you would like to see in my room!
HUGS and-
Add caption

8 comments:

BethW said...

Fantastic-and thank you so much for the bottle organizer link. Off to shop!

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love all the colours! I've finally got my inks etc., somewhat sorted. There's a storage comapny here in the UK called 'The Really Useful Box Co'& I treated myself to some of their 4 litre boxes. I can now see instantly exactly what inks I have, instead of searching for ages.

Marga said...

It,s so nice to see that I'm not the only won with a lotttttttt of stuf :)

Hugs Marga

Jingle said...

You look QUITE organized if you ask me! That caddy for your Stickles is fantastic!

Carol Dee said...

WOW !!! Love the divided holders. I have plenty of loose stuff that I could really use these for. Great idea. TFS, Hugs...

Vicky said...

Wow you are really organized I love the box that holds the daubers and teh stickles I am going to have to check out scrapbook.com
TFS

♥...Mo...♥ said...

I love how organized you are
and I was impressed by the number of inks
Warm greetings

Tracy said...

Hi Michelle,
I'm a little late with this comment, but it just goes to show I still wanted to come on over to see your storage, I asked to see your inks as I'm never sure whether I should be storing them all upside down. I once read that you should not store tim holtz distress inks upside down as they go blotchy when using for stamping. How do you find them upside down. Great drawer, I'd love one my inks are in tubs.
Thanks for wednesdays storage ideas.
Happy crafting
Tracy x