Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dust It Off Sunday - 8 - House Mouse - Being Girlie?

Hi - today's Dust it Off Sunday is a Special Card. My good Buddy Tracey, had her birthday last weekend. Her Kids planned a Surprise party for her last Sunday - it was really wonderful! And I do believe totally shocked her. Well I knew I had to make a special House Mouse card for her, she loves House Mouse... and this is one of my favorite HM images. Is it because they are being a bit girlie? Or is it that one totally hilarious one mouse? That could be my friend Tracey or Me either one! LOL We do make each other crack up almost on a daily basis!
 I spent probably 3 or 4 hours on this one! LOL Lots of layers and lots of products. I stamped the image out twice to start and then cut out the bottom 1/2 from the mice down. I wanted to pop this section to make it really look as if they mice were in front of the mirror. I colored both images with my Copics then cut out with my Fiskars finger tip kraft knife. The mirror I then coated with a couple of layers of dimensional glaze - to make is shiny and have a reflective look.

Can you see it here? I tried about 25 photos to capture that shine, but it was tough! I also added the glaze to the lipstick and the glass jar. Then I pulled out my stickles and made dots of sparkle for the necklace. Really cool look for those.. look at the close up -

They actually have a bead look to them. Then I kept the rest of the card kind of simple. Again these HM images are so large you just can't do much. I used a piece of My Minds Eye Laundry Line paper that reminded me of the wall paper in the image. Matted it and sewed - I used a Martha Stewart border punch across the top and bottom of the image, matted the image and sewed it down. I found some adhesive pearls and pink rhinestones to embellish the side spaces. 

I copied the front for the inside, and then created a computer generated sentiment - The make sure to pamper yourself went well for us... :0)

I think she liked it - I really enjoyed spending some time and really adding a lot to this card. Should do this on all my cards, instead of always being in a hurry. Do you ever get that way?

Well off to Sunday breakfast - then home to clean up my mess. For some odd reason I started cleaning some of the drawers and the top of my desk last night... made a much bigger mess than I started with in the first place! LOL

HUGS and-

19 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Really cute! Love how you added the sparkle to the necklace. Soo cool

Craftnut said...

This is a great card Michelle. Tracy x

Tertia said...

This is really beautiful!

Tertia said...

This is really beautiful!

Tertia said...

This is really beautiful!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card, love the image.

Danni said...

What a pretty card!!

Carol Dee said...

I love how you have created a 3D look. With the mice in front of the mirror. WOW. This is a really fun girl card. Hugs...

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love and adore that image. Those cheeky mice look like they are having so much fun. Your 3D has really brought them to life. Definately one for my wish list.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

sharryn said...

just fab card, your friend is very lucky..

Rufus said...

WOW, I love this one! I've never seen this HM before. Marvelous job on this one all the way around. You've got a lucky friend!
R/

Barry Percy said...

Dear Michelle,

I just love what you did with this image. This image is the "October" picture from our 2000 Wall Calendar and your interpretation is awesome.

I would love to have you post it in our gallery on our website:
http://www.house-mouse.com/php/stamped_submit.php

Thanks so much.

Barry Percy
Co-Owner/Co-Founder
House-Mouse Designs, Inc.

Brooke said...

LOVE this card Michelle.
hugs,
Brooke

Vicky said...

I love what you did what you did, love the dimension, I love hosue mouse. beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on that card!
Barb

debra said...

Truely amazing card, love the mirrored effect and the shine is so cool and sparkly necklace. I love how peeps do HM cards. I would be so happy to recieve this card so i bet your friend was thrilled.
Happy Christmas
hugs Debbie x

Shell said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! I hate to ask it but is there any chance if I pay you for it can I get a few stamped images? I Love house mouse and sold all of mine to pay down some bills and I miss them so much!

Anonymous said...

http://shannonloukotatale.blogbaker.com This is where green tea extract comes in. It is a herbal derivative containing all the active ingredients of green tea in concentrated form, available as capsules or liquid extract. Natural green tea also contains caffeine, although to a lesser extent than coffee. Caffeine is also a substance that boosts energy expenditure but many people are sensitive to it. The advantage of using green tea extract is that decaffeinated varieties are available. [url=http://masseymemories.beeplog.com]pure green coffee extract[/url] Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. Sometimes people find it difficult to eat "naturally" because there is no structure as such. It all relies on "awareness" or eating mindfully instead of out of habit. Natural Eating is a positive alternative to dieting which simply allows you to listen to your body so you can give it what it wants when it wants it.

Anonymous said...

Scientists have revealed, and meticulously tested a method to allow us to eat the foods we love and not gain weight. We can now stop the ordinary conversion of starchy foods to sugar before it can pass through our digestive system and store as fat on our hips, thighs, buttocks and stomach. Derived from white kidney beans, the ensuing carb blockers, starch neutralizers, are a completely natural product. They work by neutralizing the Alpha amylase enzyme that digests starch. [url=http://saltheesfeldonlinestation.beeplog.com/303811_1591635.htm]pure green coffee bean extract 800 mg[/url] Black coffee is good for health as it is a non caloric drink. Avoid using alcohol as it can decrease the metabolism of your body. Talk to your friend about your goals and work out with them. They can motivate you, when you feel lazy and worn out by reminding you of your goals. To work on how to lose weight quickly all you need is focus and constant effort. http://biggerbook.beeplog.com/303809_1591590.htm