Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas, with a Stampavie Santa!

A Spoon Full of Sugar Day and today the challenge is to make a Christmas Card! I feel like I have been doing that since September :0) And still don't have my families Photo Cards done! Sigh... this week they will all be done and mailed! But I had real fun making this Christmas Card for today - I just adore this Santa Stamp from Stampavie's Penny Johnson - I think this is a fabulous Santa Image, Classic! It is called "SHHHH..."
I wanted this to have some texture and for sure some sparkle. So after coloring with my Copics - I went back and added lots of stickles for some real holiday shine, his fur trim, the garland, the star and all his buckles. But then I felt he needed his beard to be fluffy. So I pulled out my Marvy snow marker, now that I have learned to color with it, let it dry completely and then heat it with my heat gun -I love this thing. Forever I have been disapointed with my results with this and I stopped using it. Mine never had real fluff to it. And then after over a year I read the instructions on the side of it and BAM! This stuff works! Don't you just love his fluffy beard? It really has a lot of texture. Ok.. moving on.. LOL
My card - Now for the traditional, classic feel I had to go with red and green - I found a piece of this enameled green pattern paper from "Me and My Big Idea" Christmas Specialty papers stack. I love the shiny enameled pattern on it. Darn wish you could see how is it shiny in the photo! I then went to my special scraps.. you know those pieces of paper that you save every square inch of the paper cuz you love it so much. This Red Glittered paper is in that folder.... I cut a long band for the right of the card and then a piece for a mat for my sentiment. The remaining went back into the special folder.. LOL Love this paper! It is from K&Company. (I have a gorgeous brown piece too :0) ) Ok.. rambling again, I then decided that the card needed some white to balance out everything. So I matted the green on white and sewed it, and then punched out a Martha Stewart Extra Large Lattice punch and layered it over the glitter and wrapped it with a red satin ribbon. I cut my Santa into a circle, and them matted him with a Nestie Lace Circle. The sentiment is from Stampabilities. I think it is my favorite Christmas sentiment this year.

I think we need to see that sparkle a bit closer -
I hope you liked my Santa - I enjoy the newer different color combination's that we play with for Christmas, but for that memory of childhood - I just have to go back to deep red and green!

Hope you will pop over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the wonderful DT Christmas Cards, and then join us for some fun - show off you Christmas card!

Better get out of my Jammies and get to work... I looked at the calendar and realized just how close Christmas is...AAAHHH Panic!! LOL

Have a great Tuesday and see you tomorrow for "Me and My Space" -
HUGS and-

8 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, gorgeous card! Very cute image & love the sparkle.

Maria said...

Stunning card Michelle! Coloured to perfection and the layout and papers are gorgeous. This is a perfect holiday card and of course you added some of my fave - glitter bling. Hugs, Maria

Carol Dee said...

WOW, love the MS lattice punch. A very Christmasy card. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

WooHoo - Love all your punches! What a happy Christmas card!

Helen said...

What a lovely card. By the way you're not the only one in panic as X-mas rushes in; same overhere. Hugs, Helen

Brooke said...

Adorable card. I love the bling and the puffy Santa's beard.
Soooo cute.
hugs,
Brooke

Lavender Rose said...

I love your colourful santa card with all the texture and detail, especially the fluffy beard...magic!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE! This card is gorgeous you made!! I just love the puppy on this soo much. He is sooo darn cute!
~Heidi Brawley