Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A simple little Sarah Kay gift notebook!

HI - well the challenge sites are starting to wind down for the year, and I am now trying to get a few little gift items done. This was inspired by a note pad I found a JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago. I love the pattern paper, and it totally reminded me of Sarah Kay... so that is where I went with it!
Now of course this did not have a top to it.. it was just the pad itself, but hey it was 50 cents!  I then took some white chip board from Sizzix and created a front and back cover for it. Then I decorated the front before I attached to the pad.
I used some scrap Basic Grey papers  - just PERFECT to match the paper pad. I sewed little patches with a zig zag stitch. I colored one of my favorite Sarah Kays.. LOL I just love when I say that, cuz they are each my favorite when I am using them! HA! I cut it out and attached to the front. Two vintage buttons - and and the Cloud 9 epoxy sentiment were all it need then!
Then I attached the front and back covers to the pad with a strip of Gaffer Tape. (Strong Heavy weight fabric tape) I LOVE this stuff. I have 3 or 4 different colors of it and just found it recently in a drawer, need to use it more!

I was thinking this would be a cute little item to put with a Candle or Box of cookies and tea? Hmm.. will have to work on the second 1/2 of the gift.

Now I just need to get back to JoAnn's and get a few more of these little pads.. I just love them!

Have a great day! HUGS and-

4 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's beautiful! The patches are a lovely touch.

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Precious work...

Peachy Wessels said...

What a clever idea! You designers give inspiration to the rest of us! Those Sarah Kay stamps are so precious. I am sure the recipient will love your cute little gift!

Lavender Rose said...

This is gorgeous, love those patchwork squares!