Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mmmm... A Jolly Holly Chocolate Christmas!

Mmmmm Chocolate... who doesn't like getting chocolate for Christmas? Especially when all decorated?
While doing some shopping the other day I saw one of those giant Hershey's Candy bars... I had seen a few decorated in blog land, and thought what a great little added Christmas gift! So I put it in my basket and then had to slap my hand all week when I saw that yummy chocolate sitting on my desk!

It was so easy to do too! I just covered the Hersheys wrapper with a piece of My Minds Eye embossed Christmas paper. The embossed areas are Santa's Sleighs! Perfect. I then made two borders with Martha Stewarts Embroidered Floral border punch. I know the blue satin ribbon isn't a normal Christmas color.. but I knew that I was going to make it a night sky, so I matched the blue to the Copic color - and I like that it is a bit different. Has a rich coloring to it doesn't it? Well I think so.. LOL

I then colored my image - So odd that I didn't start with that - I usually always color my images first, but I guess I got so excited about that chocolate! So I decided that Stampavie's Penny Johnson's Jolly Holly image was just perfect! Perfect Size, and perfect image! I colored the image with my Copics and then high lighted with a Marvy Uchida Snow Marker for all the snow and Santa's beard, and then some diamond stickles for Santa's fur trim, the snowman's scarf, then gold stickles for the presents. It is then cut out with a Nesties label -

My sentiment - is stamped and then backed with a My Minds Eye Gold Glitter paper.

I hope that they like it... I sure had fun doing it, and was proud that I did it and sent it off with out taking a bite! LOL

Have a wonderful day - Christmas is now only 4 days away!!!!
HUGS and-

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

What a fantastic way to dress up a chocolate bar. Thanks for the great idea. Hugs...

Lavender Rose said...

This is fabulous! I love the beautifully coloured bright stamped image, the sparkle, Santa's fluffy beard and that stunning teal blue ribbon, what a great gift!

Kirsten Alicia said...

A great idea & it looks wonderful.

Rufus said...

Looks stunning and I commend your restraint!
R/

Kelly Schelske said...

It looks fabulous Michelle!

Happy Holidays!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Very beautiful envelope
I love the image
is very happy