Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Magnolias - A Christmas Card

Friday is Just Magnolias and it is getting really close Christmas.. so here is a chance to make another needed card for someone special.

I got a chance to use another new Tilda - love this one, cuz I think she is perfect for not only Christmas, but you could get away with a birthday here or there.. :0)

I colored her with my copics - and high lighted with white gel pen. Then I went a bit nuts with the ink, and shimmerz... well. it does give a nice old fashioned look I guess.

The card base is a dark red card stock, then two of the Basic Grey Jovial pattern papers. I matted with cream colored card stock and then sewed everything together. A scrap of old lace for a border - My sentiment is from Stampabilies and is matted with a Spellbinders Fancy Tag, embellished with some gold rhinestones.  I then cut out a flower from a scrap of the pattern paper, and pop dotted it on the top corner with an added rhinestone. Then after all finished, I decided it needed just a bit more sparkle - so I pulled out some gold stickles and glittered the bow on Tilda's present!

Hope you like my Christmas card - and will now pop over to the Just Magnolias Challenge site and see all the DT projects - then make sure to join us with a Christmas Card with Tilda or Edwin too!

Me.. gotta run now - having lunch with my good buddy for her birthday, and then getting a pedicure :0) Gotta love being Girlie :0)

HUGS and -

3 comments:

♥...Mo...♥ said...

I love tilda with your gift hidden
is so sweet
and your card looks great

Annie said...

HI Michelle! it's been ages since I stopped to chat, but I have been dropping by to see what you've been up to! lovin' all your creations and the cute animal updates you give us too. I am still in panic mode rushing to get more cards made for Christmas so must run! enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x

Carol Dee said...

Sweet Christmas card. I have not even started mine! Have a fun time.