Saturday, June 2, 2012

Animal Crackers - Looks like I am going to be "Mom"

Ok, hope no one freaks out with that title... LOL  But this is the face of my new baby...


We are still giving meds and working with Lillie and her Mastitis. Poor thing, she sees us coming out the door every evening and she tries to run and hide from us. We have milked her a million times trying to get the bad milk out, shots, pills... pills that are larger than my thumb. She is very tired of it all. Her son Danny... he is doing great and is eating wonderfully off her good milk side. But her daughter Sandy... she won't eat from Mom at all. Nope.... she listens for my voice come out the back door with her recycled green Sprite bottle of milk... then she starts screaming and running to the gate for her meal. We have our special meal time every 2.5 - 4 hours - she is such a sweet thing. Bottle fed babies really are very social and loving.

Now just cuz I am Meal Time Mom... Lillie is still her Mommy, Lillie is wonderful and takes great care of her, cleaning her, leading her, teaching her how graze and most important protecting her. In this photo I am not sure what they were discussing....

Now do you remember my little screaming baby Olive Oyl... the video I showed a while back with that high pitch bird scream voice....
 She still has that same voice... and she uses it all day... every day. I don't know how she keeps it up. She stops long enough to eat and sleep. But then she starts up again. It is funny... but also exhausting :0) She is a sweetie though -

Now here is a beauty... This photo just makes me smile -

Late afternoon... Gracie was laying in a group of a bunch of kids waiting for dinner time and their grain. I would say that Gracie was enjoying the afternoon warmth and just life in general... LOL I swear she is smiling.


Here is a beautiful little girl too... Leticia -
 Our last baby girl. I can't believe she is just about old enough to wean! She is going to be a pretty dark brown/red color I think. After all this baby fur sheds off that is. Still cracks me us though.. spot Dad, spot Mom and dark brown/red baby.... She actually looks a lot like Raffie's Mom  - I'll have to see if I have photos of her....

Caught Diego in a great photo - he must have had an really bad itch....

He was going to town rubbing back and forth on that dead branch. He is so funny....

Now please don't scream.... I don't have a Tuco photo this week..... BUT WAIT.... we had a visitor yesterday.... Hubby's niece came by and she brought Bella to visit as well. Bella is from Libbie's litter from last summer  -

She is so adorable! AND SO TINY!!!! She is smaller than Tuco now!

Told you ... isn't she just well.... adorable!!!!  And I do believe totally spoiled :0)  She has a Sister Doggies... a enormous Black Lab. And from what they say... Bella has her Mom, Libbies,  attitude -  she is small... but still in charge.

Well... better run... Gotta give Lillie her medicine and I think if I listen closely I have a little one out there calling for her milk....

Have a great Saturday!
HUGS and


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, poor Lillie, she must so tired of all the treatment by no. It is great that despite not being able to feed Sandy, she hasn't rejected her, hopefully the coming days will bring an improvement.
Olive Oyl & Gracie are adorable, love the pics of Diego & Leticia too.
I forgive you for not showing us a pic of Tuco, but only because - and just this once :) - Bella is so gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, first of all what a great pictures again; no Tuco :-( OK for this time, with all those cute other pictures. Bella is looking great. Good luck with Lily and Sandy. Know how you feel with the meds; have the same thing here with one of the dogs, as soon as I get the meds out she is hiding and not even a cookie can convince her to come over. Cross my fingers that Lily is recovering quickly and well Sandy looks good and healthy to me (what else with 2 loving moms). Hugs

Kittie said...

I look forward to "Animal Crackers" every week. I love to see the faces close up. Sandy is adorable....but then....the all are. I hope Lillie gets better soon.

Marilyn said...

Gracie is smiling... I have that same look on my face on Sunday afternoon when I get to have an afternoon snooze, sun streaming in the window, a warm fuzzy blanket to cover up with... yep, she's definitely smiling! Love all the rest of the pics too.

Cards By MI said...

Such wonderful photos this week. Little Sandy is just to die for. I just wanted to pick her up and cuddle with her. So sweet looking. :)
Love n hugs
Marie

Carol Dee said...

Do you have to get up every 4 hours during the night, too? WOW you are a busy "Mom"
It was nice seeing Bella. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a job taking care of all these animals. I love seeing all the pictures. TFS.

Rufus said...

Gracie is def. smiling! Hey, wouldn't you? Life is good after all. What a good "Mom" you are! Sandy is cute as a button. I think in the picture she's telling Lillie about her "other" Mom! Oh my, Bella is just precious! And tiny!! But if she's got Libbies attitude I can def. see her bossing around her sister, even if she is a Lab!
Thanks for another fun Animal Crackers.
R/