Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Buttons and Bows

Hi - If you are here for the Little Darlings Blog Hop... please scroll down to my earlier post. :0)

Have to have two post today  - my second is the Whimsy Stamps Challenge - the challenge this week is Buttons and Bows.

For my card I decided to play with "Special Delivery" -StampArt Design by Katheryne... totally cute!


 Just love this little guy pulling his wagon, I saw him as a good chance to do some 3-d shadowing. I colored him with my Copics, then cut him out completely. I then printed it out a second time, coloring him and the wagon in grey tones, then did some grass and the sky with more shadowing around him. The color version is then pop dotted onto o the grey version. I loved the flowers in the wagon... but then thought hummmm and punched out my own flowers and leaves and glued them in a mound to have even more 3-d effect. The centers to my flowers are Viva Decor Paper Pen in dark brown.

My papers are all Prima - so totally yummy! Love the vintage feel of these, they are from the Sun Kiss collection. I picked out three patterns, then with kraft card stock and cream colored card stock I matted and created the card. I inked the edges of every layer with Distress Ink Tie Dye. and then sewed all the layers together. Now I didn't want to cover up any of that pretty butterfly... so I cut his wing and slipped the image behind him. For the "bows" part of the challenge I added a light brown ribbon around the card, and tied a bow. For the "buttons" part... I added two wood buttons to the wagon as the wheels. My sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps, and is part of the Fanciful Birthday Notables set - love these, and there is a matching die available :0) I added some ink around the edges and colored the band around the sentiment with a green Copic. Then just cuz I am so nuts about those Viva Decor Paper Pens.... I added six dots... just cuz I HAD too....

Here is a side view of the front so you can see all the "pop"


The inside is finished off with matching papers the same as the front... and again left blank.. ready for anything.


There are lots of FABULOUS DT inspirations this week at the Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Hurry on over and see them all... then join us for a chance at winning your own Whimsy products! They are still on sale today... hurry though the sale is gonna end quick!

Whew.. I am done for the day now. Hubby and I are gonna run some errands, then meet up with some friends for lunch. Then who knows where we will end up. OH.. yea... home in time for my Baby Goat Sandy's afternoon feeding. It is tough being a Mom you know?

HUGS and -

9 comments:

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Hi Michelle! Your card has brought a BIG SMILE to me! I'm so HAPPY to see Special Delivery used, especially in such a GORGEOUS card! The 3-D effect is AWESOME!Your own 3-D flowers REALLY stand out NICELY too! COOL wagon wheels!I LOVE your stitching- it really adds a SPECIAL TOUCH. Your colors and papers are LOVELY. LOVE the butterfly! Thanks for choosing this image! You've made a BEAUTIFUL creation with it. xx Kathy

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I am just loving it girlfriend.

Maryleva said...

Beautiful card. Great detail.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Michelle, I love all your stitched layers, so beautiful. Fabulous choice of image and colours.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie...
This is gorgeous I am loving the colours...
Happy hugs Pops x x x

Carol Dee said...

How CUTE. Love that little guy.

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love your card. It is wonderful and you colored it so perfectly. joann sassy raggedy

Helen said...

what a gorgeous cutie! Love it.

Marilyn said...

So cute Michelle... love the dimension you've created on this card and that image is so sweet.