Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Anything but a Square

Now.. I know a rectangle isn't thinking to far out of the box. This card is for this weeks Whimsy Stamps Challenge and All I saw when getting my card ready for the DT was Anything and never recognized the rest as no square. I had this card all colored and all the pieces cut out and LOTS of punching out... all for a square. Duh.   So last minute I had to rework it... and this was all I could get to. I tried circle, but it just didn't work. So rectangle it is.



Do you totally love this image or what? It is a scream! From Whimsy it is by artist Crissy Armstrong. We love her don't we? I have been just dying to use this one...  I colored with Copics and then did a bit of shading with pencils.

Then to the card. I don't know exactly how I got to the background. Was thinking a scalloped bottom would be cute, but wasn't sure which color I wanted to use. Did a white. Liked it. But might be more dramatic to do a purple... liked that too. Well what would the green look like? Suddenly I had all three and then well... lots of layers :0) I sewed each layer down. All of the colors were inspired from the Kaisercraft Paper Pad Lilac Avenue Collection.  Then I ended up only using one piece for the front. The simple green as the mat.  I die cut a flourish vine for the corner, with some pretty mulberry roses - the sentiment is also from Whimsy - LOVE their ticket sentiment collections! Especially with the matching die. This sentiment "Cherish Each Passing Moment" is from the Treasured Moments set.  I colored it with the matching colors of Copics.  Then I added three dots of Viva Decor Pearl Pen in the corner.

The inside I used one more piece of the Kaisercraft Papers - just simple.

Despite my little issues with the square. I had a lot of fun making this card. The image just made me smile the entire time... but then I tried a couple of new things with it... lots of punching for sure, but I think it was worth it.

Make sure to visit the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge today and see all the shapes :0)

Hubby and I are really busy today... lots of errands and things to take care of. We have to fit everything into Sandy's feeding schedule you know... so we will be moving fast...  Don't want to disrupt her schedule you know! LOL

HUGS and

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

I love the scalloped layers! I could so see this on a little girls card, too. Chrissy has some really fun images. :) Have a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says::

I love that card. Too cute!!