Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Bridal Shower Gift

Thought today I would show a gift I made for a Bridal Shower... it actually is the shower/wedding gift. I made this for my best Buddy Tracey's Daughter. She is a beautiful girl that is getting married next month, a destination wedding so we won't be attending. So I did a all in one gift. ;0)

I made her a flip flop album.  Ok so not a great name for a wedding gift, but that is what it is called. I found three or four tutorials for these albums when I Googled it. I used a little from all of them, then made up stuff on my own. After making it I see ways I could have improved... next album :0)



This is the front of the album. I covered chipboard for the outer pieces. Her colors are grey, deep purple and lilac.... I got as close as I could. I printed the photo of the happy couple on canvas after a little photoshop playing. I sewed down things. Their names I printing right on the photo. The word forever is from Papertrey Ink.. cut once in dark purple and once in lilac, then over lapped for a shadow look. The flourish is from Cheery Lane.. with three mulberry flowers added. Then my Viva Decor Pearl Pen. :0)

Inside -





From the front... has tags that flip and flop both ways... I did lots of layers, Lots of papers, rub ons, and stamps. Oh and of course more photos of the couple.



The view from the other way... more photos, and all the other embellishments. The tape is a paper tape I got ages ago... It is all about Paris :0) ... that is where the couple is hoping to spend part of their honeymoon.. OH how wonderful does that sound?

The back cover I added a pocket. With layers of paper, Whimsy scalloped die and ribbon. Then I added a matching tag in the pocket.


Tag has their present on it.. uh wait.. no I did not give them the Eiffel Tower.. LOL that is part of the decoration. Their gift is on the backside :0)

Darn I forgot to take a photo of the cute little ribbon closure I did.. I got to use some very old Maya Road clasp.  It is cute really....

When it was time to wrap it... hmmmm.... Then I remembered some clear boxes I had stashed somewhere -  fast forward through lots of digging time... and then....



It just FITS! Whew... then I wrapped it with some seam binding ribbon and ta da!  Hope she likes it. Took me a while to do it, and work through it all. But in the end I was happy with how it came out.


OH to be young and in love and just starting you married life. Well there is something wonderful about being .. (I was gonna say old, but hey.. ) anyway it is great to have 25 years and still in love too.

Have a great day :0)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really stunning. You created a beautiful work of art, I have no doubt the happy couple will treasure it.

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says...

That is absolutely beautiful. I am sure they will love it.

Kelly L said...

This is really gorgeous, Michelle. I am sure they will love it, and what terrific photos you had of the young couple to make it so unique. Lovely job, sweetie, as usual! :) Hugs, Kelly

Helen said...

what a great and gorgeous gift. It is made with love and I am sure they love it. Regards

Kristie W. said...

What a gorgeous and incredibly thoughtful gift! I hope the happy couple will treasure it for years to come.

Unknown said...

Your hard work has created a truly beautiful gift of love for a couple in love. I'm sure they will adore this unique gift and enjoy looking at it in future years. It's so gorgeous Michelle,
Ellie Maggie x

Carol Dee said...

Positively PERFECT. They are so going to love and cherish this gift forever.
hugs...