Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Magnolias & Hanglars Challenge - Summer Colors

Hello Friday! This week flew by didn't it? Well a few days did - I couldn't believe it was already time for the Just Magnolia and Hanglar challenge and I double checked my calendar twice to make sure.

The challenge this week is very fitting... Summer Colors! And for me that means HOT colors. Man Summer has hit us hard already this year. Working outside is already a early morning and late afternoon chore here - I can not handle middle of the day and afternoons!

So for my card this week I went through my papers...dug really deep into old stuff. Funny I had a hard time finding papers that felt summer to me. But finally I found an older DCWV paper stack, I think it is called collage - really old. Makes me feel good to use up papers that have been on the shelf forever.

Here is my card - I used a stamped gift Hanglar image this week ;0)

So old DCWV pattern paper, this was one sheet of paper - I used both printed sides, cut into pieces and sewed down with different stitches. My image is colored with my Copics. I had a really hard time with bleeding, as the paper that this is stamped on is really thin compared to what I normally use... and I am a heavy handed colorer too... But I think it came out ok, I was determined to make it work and not waste this Hanglar! I cut out the mat for behind the image, and on the bottom corner I hand cut out the flowers to leave them with the paper. I punched out two Whimsy Corner dies - and then a Butterfly die... for the life of me I cannot find the name of... darn it. I cut it out of the cream card stock, then colored it with copics. Added three punched leaves from Marvy - and a large Prima flower. Dotted satin orange ribbon as well. It was finished... and then here it comes... Yellow Viva Decor Pearl. I know I need to join a group to get help with my obsession with this stuff!!! :0)

The inside. There was not hardly any of the pattern paper left from the front. So I used scraps of the card stocks and the strips from the pattern paper. Then a Whimsy double scallop circle die -

It is for sure a warm card - Lots of Summer color here! For more warmth... make sure to pop over to the  Just Magnolia & Hanglar Challenge and see all that the DT came up with this week.

Ok, gotta run. SIL had surgery this week, and she is home now. We are going to pick up some of food from a favorite BBQ place and take it to them. I know... I should make something homemade... it has just been so busy around here that I haven't had time to think much less plan a meal, shop, cook and then pack it up. Maybe next week....

Have a wonderful Friday - and see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers! LOTS been going on around here with the animals!

HUGS and

2 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Carol Dee said...

A fun colorful card. See you Saturday!