Monday, June 11, 2012

A Saturated Canary - Wendy

Had some fun with another Saturated Canary - it was so hard to decide which to get that first order, and then the second order I still had so many on my list. But I narrowed down and Wendy was a must. I had seen Bev's card done with her and just fell in love with it. Wendy is gorgeous, but the puppy is what sent me to make sure she was in my cart.

Here is my first card with Wendy and her adorable puppy -

Now it is rare that I color and have no idea at all what paper I want to use. But this time, I had colored up Wendy a few nights before, as therapy....  Then sat her to the side until I had time to make a card. So I had this gorgeous girl all done in bright blue and then had no clue what I was going to do with her and papers to use. I went through lots of papers and nothing felt right at all. 10 million papers and nothing. So I sat her aside again. Then I came back to her late last week - I had come across this piece of pattern paper from DCWV "The Four Seasons" Glitter stack.  This is one of those collections of paper that has been on my shelf forever. I have never used a piece out of it. I fell in love with it while at Michaels one day, probably had a 40% off coupon that I needed to use and went with it.

Honestly it is gorgeous, but the patterns are so large it is hard to use with cards. But this piece... well I decided that Wendy should be sitting in these large flowers and the huge butterflies could be flying around her. So a cream colored base card stock. Then a dark brown and burlap pattern paper from Glitz. Then the blue is the DCWV. I took a second piece of the dark brown pattern paper and created an iron fence with the Martha Stewart corner/border punch. I love this punch set and just don't use it enough. Then the glittery section of the pattern paper - I cut out the butterflies from other sections of the paper -

Everything is sewed together with a simple straight stitch. A piece of gingham brown and white ribbon tied around the middle. Then Wendy -
She was colored with my copics and then s bit more shading with pencils. I cut her out loosely - and then glued her into the center of the card - sitting among those gorgeous glitter flowers.

This is one of those cards that I have left "blank" for the sentiment. It could go for so many things and I think I will wait until the need to decide what it should be.

The inside is done as well - copied close to the front and left blank.

So this card was for fun - just to play... but lets see what challenges it qualifies for this week :0)

Saturated Canaries Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake weekly - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - Things with Wings
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - All Stitched Up
Pile it On Challenge - Let's Go Outdoors
Stampin' for the Weekend - Bugs and Butterflies
Ribbon Girl Blog Challenge - Ribbon or Lace

There are more I am sure... I get lost seeing all the fabulous challenges out there! And all the talent from the Dt's.. a click to the challenge, then clicks to the DT blogs and then links on their pages and then I can't find my way back to where I started :0) But I see lots of pretty things on my way!

Me... I just noticed the time, and gotta stop surfing and get a bottle made up and out to Sandy my baby goat....  Then I think I am going to call it an early evening. Yesterday I cooked my brain. Seriously, I was out in the sun too long with a lady wanting to buy a goat... it was really hot. I thought I had stayed in the shade most of the time, but it was 100 degrees... and this gal, well she ain't use to the heat at all. After a couple of hours I started to feel odd... nauseous, weak legs, dizzy, and my head felt like it was bubbling inside. Ding... I was done. I came in an drank a gallon of water and then couldn't do a thing the rest of the day. I was so sick feeling and dizzy I couldn't even color!!!!  Today... I have still been feeling a bit weak, but have drinking lots of water and stayed 99% of the day in the air conditioning, no doing much at all, I am good just being cautious for a couple of days. Hubby will have to do most all the outside work... LOL like I do much anyway... well other than hello's loving and holding the water hose from time to time. Oh... and feeding my baby... which I need to do and stop rambling....   Oh BTW... we sold two more goats yesterday so it was all worth it. Mel and Bobby will be going in a few days to a lady that is going to spoil them rotten. She has always wanted a couple of goats.. just for lots of lovin' :0) -

HUGS and -




10 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card.

Carol Dee said...

Sweet card. Be careful out in the heat.

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful image and colourful butterflies card, thanks for joining us at SGC, good luck, cheers Sue n x

Doreen said...

fab card. Love the image - so sweet.
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I had to smile when reading your post Michelle. I do exactly the same thing, even the paper stack that I just LOVED I find unused because of the size of the prints! Your card is fabulous. I do like the glitter flowers and even more the butterflies. Perfect setting for your little Wendy!

Thanks for sharing this lovely creation and your funny story with our challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Helen said...

what a great card; can imagine you fell for the little puppy (I have the same addict, stamps with puppies are a must have....) Take care of yourself and stay out of the heat for some time. Big hug to Sandy. Glad to hear you sold some more goats to a loving lady. Hugs.

Loopylou. said...

wow thats stunning michelle, those butterflies look lovely!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card Michelle - hope you are feeling better after all that sun - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge, Mary G x

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Lovely image and all details.. Gorgeous paper choice.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “All Stitched Up” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

BethieJ said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Lovely Coloring!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO last week!
Have a GREAT day!