Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - White on White

Sounds simple right? A white on white challenge. Why did this one make me sweat then? Stress out? LOL  I just have such a hard time without some color! I kept pulling things out thinking they were perfect embellishments.. then remember "oh yea..white only" But I finally got things together and just barely in time for this weeks Whimsy Stamps Challenge -

Here is my White on White card -


I chose to use "Flap Happy" by LivvyBo Designs. I totally love this gal... For some reason it makes me think of my Grandma. :0)  Somewhere I have a fabulous photo of her as a teenager in her "flapper" glory.

For my card... after I sat staring at me desk for a little while and that white card stock, I decided to just have some fun... I used Bazzill Swiss Dots for the base. Then I took a plain piece of Bazzill and ran in through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing Folder. I have no idea what the pattern is, sorry. I can say it is an older one though - I didn't get smart enough to write the names on mine until I had a handful of them - one day when I have nothing else going on I will look them all up online and get those names! Anyway, I ran it through twice, To get my 5 1/2 square piece fully embossed, it worked well as once I ran through the first time, it lined up perfectly so I could emboss the second run and it matched. I added a piece of card stock that is a grayish white. I tried to find a name for it so I could say it was actually called white.. but then I gave up and said it is grayish white... HA! Told you guys I was stressing!

I then printed my image twice, the first one I colored with my Copics - then cut her out. The second I colored her in all grays - this way I could pop dot my little lady over it and have a "shadow" below her. Oh.. but before I pop dotted, I cut out the gray lady with a Memory Box die. This shape is called Debutante Frame. It has a matching die called Twirling Vine Frame - that is the layer with all the whisky vines :0) I cut that out of a different white card stock. My reasoning for that is all though they are both white... the different textures make them look different and show better as layers. Sounds artistic and creative if nothing else - wink wink... A little sewing, then a piece of dotted satin WHITE ribbon tied around the middle. Then my lady pop dotted - I added my obsession of Viva Decor Pearl Pen, some white gel pen stitching - and then I added a mulberry flower! Done!  Now I did stare at it for another day - it needs something. But time for the challenge so I had to accept that it was done. It is growing on me... but I don't think you will see a lot of these white on white cards from me.... Color... bold Colors :0)

Now would you like to really awesome white on white cards? The other DT girls rocked it this week - so pop over to the Whimsy Challenge Blog and see for yourself - then join us! Don't let me fears of white scare you ok?

Have fun with it!

Suppose to have some rain here today... hoping hoping hoping. We have errands in the morning, I have a Dr. Appointment (just a check in to get a prescription ok'ed) and then lunch with friends. We are not going to stop anything for the rain.. I normally hate doing errands in the rain, but don't care today I will be ok if we get stuck in a downpour!

We are also working with the goats - started a couple of days ago. Pulled all the boys out into their own Frat-house pen. Safe from all the little girls :0) - We are now pulling out a few of the Ladies... moving them around and putting them in with the bucks. YEP... we changed out minds and decided to let some of them go ahead and get pregnant for some fall babies. YEA! This population control with the donkeys is a have too... but with the goats, well they have been selling so well that we decided to go ahead with Fall babies too this year. A couple of weeks later than I would have liked but we are South Texas so November is usually still warm for kids.  Counting down that 145 -155 days for new babies! YES.. I know they arrive fast don't they? Darn Donkeys take a whole year - 5 months for the goats is like nothing at all.

Ok... better get the day going!
HUGS and

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card Michelle, wonderful image perfectly coloured and love the texture to the embossed backing papers! Jo xxx

Marilyn said...

Love the white on white Michelle and your image looks fabulous!

Carol Dee said...

Pretty card.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Michelle this is gorgeous. Love all the texture and that intricate die cut is beautiful. Love the little flower on her headband.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Michelle this is gorgeous. Love all the texture and that intricate die cut is beautiful. Love the little flower on her headband.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz