Tuesday, November 27, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Gift Box

Howdy -
    Things are bouncing around here! I totally love having baby goats around :0) Annie is still waiting to deliver... so still one more birthing to go, but let me tell you the 14 kids that have already arrived sure do fill the pen with life and fun! My favorite time is just after the sun comes up. The kids have woke up and have LOTS of energy. They are here, there and everywhere! So much fun! Ok.. now I must get to "business" today is the High Hopes Challenge and the challenge today is to create a Gift card holder or a Gift Box. This is a great opportunity to try the tutorial by Aaemie  from last weeks blog post.  I love this box. Once I sat down and looked at the tutorial it was not long at all I had a box. It was easy, and is a great size for a small gift or gift card.

Here is my finished box -


I used one of the adorable Newer stamps... Bumble Bear. I love this guy... I colored with my Copics, and then cut him out. My box is made with double sided paper by SEI. The other side of the paper is a pretty orange - I used it to punch a EK Success border to wrap around the top of the box. I then added a satin ribbon. This is a Martha Stewart ribbon that is  was peach and brown. I used one of the Copics and colored it to match better. I wish I had thought of this years ago... I may not have purchased so many ribbons as this really does match things so well... nah... I probably would have still got all the ribbons as I love them so much. LOL I also added some adhesive pearls around the top... just needed more I thought.

Here is a side view.

Now when you open up the box you can see the pretty orange side of the paper - and another fun bear :0)  this is the top of the Bumble Bear Tag - I thought he would look cute popping up from inside the box. 


Oh.. and you can also see that I didn't have any candy to fill my box with to show it off to you. But I did make some homemade oatmeal cookies yesterday. :0)  

This box really was super fun to make! Now you need to hop on over to the High Hopes Challenge Blog and see some other gift boxes by the other DT members. And then please do join us and create a little box yourself. You can win a little high hopes of your own!

Have a great Tuesday - I am hoping to do a little more crafting today... house is pretty much all caught up, laundry all done, a little paperwork to do and some necessary play time with the baby goats and then some crafting! Yea!

HUGS and -

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Great box, Bumble bear is so cute :) I bet those kids really are a ton of fun. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how lovely! Thanks so much for trying my tutorial, I think it's the coolest thing ever ;)

Btw I could only imagine how cute all those little baby goats are!

Anonymous said...

Its my at the start all together to post on this forum,neutral wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to post on this food,amuse delete this thread.Nice to adjoin you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]