Sunday, November 4, 2012

Whimsy November Release Day 4! & Me and My Space

Hello! It is the last day of the Whimsy Release-  so I will post that up first and then at the end of the post I will share something special in my house for Me and My Space alrighty?


Welcome to Day 4 of our November Digital Stamp Release Showcase! 
On Thursday (1st November) Whimsy Stamps released this month's new digital designs, From then until 4th November the Whimsy Digital DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop! Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw. To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on 5th November







I just had to use another one from Crissy's Digis! 

This is Star of Bethlehem


I kept this one simple, focusing on the image - I found some star paper from October Afternoon that I thought was perfect. The image I colored with my Copics, using my Marvy Snow marker on the little lambs again :0) and Stickles on the star.

Here is a close up so you can see how fluffy the lambs turned out! I am about out of my Snow Marker so I will have to put that on my hunt list!!



Here is the inside - I used a sentiment from Crissy as well - 
Crissy's Love Sentiments 

 Make sure to visit all the DT showcasing the new releases today - 



 Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. Thanks for stopping by!

************


Ok, now for a just a little bit of Me and My Space as my normal Sunday post - 
Today I thought I would show you something that I do not collect. I only have one... 


This is belonged to my Grandma - It sat in her bathroom as long as I can remember. She kept her cotton balls in it. It was just a part of the room. I have no idea of where she got it, how long she had it or even how special it was to her... now it sits on the shelf in my bathroom just like it did in Grandma's. I don't keep anything really in it. Oh what, I think I have a couple of hair scrunchy things in it. It really isn't my "style" of collectibles, but I love it. Every time I look at her, I smile and think of my Grandma, and her bathroom. Pink shaggy rugs, a quirky pink tissue holder, and the smell of her perfumed powder that she always let me poof on while at her house as a little girl. Isn't it odd how a memory can smell? It does... I can smell that perfume every time I think about my Grandma and this Pretty lady head vase from her - 

Take a minute to see what memory's you can smell ... and enjoy something from a loved one. Those are the really special things around your house right? 

Ok today we are going to breakfast with the locals, then home. Yes... home. No running around planned. We both need some time to catch up on things around the house, love on fur babies, and just chill on a Sunday at home. What are you doing today? 

thanks for visiting - HUGS and




16 comments:

Kittie said...

This card is so precious, Michelle. I love how fluffy the lambs are. What is a snow marker?

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card. Love that image x

Karen McAlpine said...

Really sweet card. Love the fluffy lamb.

Ea Christiansen said...

What a gorgeous card - really love the little sheep and their fuzzy whool.
Hugz
Ea

Carol Dee said...

You lady head vase is in amazing condition and the perfect reminder of your beloved Grandmother. I ahave several items around that may have no real value as collectables butI love them because of where they came from and the loved one now gone.
Chrissy did a great job on thoses images and the verse is perfect. Your card with the wooly lamb is so sweet.

Patty said...

I wouldn't call that simple...it's stunning!! Love everything about it..the dark blue sky, and those lambs!!! I never heard of this marker, but I've got to get one!!

ribenaruby said...

Michelle, absolutely wonderful card, lovely image! Ruby x

Bettina L. said...

Great christmas design and I love what you've done to those sheep. Thanks for the peek. Bettina xx

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your card! LOVE your layered background! LOVE your Grandma's little lady!

Sheri said...

Love your card! The fluffy lambs are adorable. Is your vintage piece Lefton? It looks like Norco or whatever that other one is that looks like it. I am not home so can't check. I collect and have lots of Lefton. I love your piece whatever it is!

HorseKrazee said...

Love the fluffy sheep. Too adorable!

Crissy Armstrong said...

You did an amazing job on this one too Michelle! Love it so much! Esp the lamb's fluffy wool! That turned out amazing! The bg paper with the stars is so perfect, as is the burlap piece - outstanding!

Marilyn said...

I love this card Michelle! The image is fabulous but I really like how you have fluffed up the lamb and your colouring is perfection. I think my favourite embellishment has got to be that burlap - I have some of that but have never been sure where to use it. This is so, so nice!

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely lovely Michelle, especially the burlap and fluffy sheep! Your lady reminds me of Doris Day films (she doesn't look like her), I love those kind of films.
Ellie Maggie x

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is a dream....so wunderful!!
Greatings from Germany.
Annette

nobet said...

click for source q1p46g7j43 replica designer bags replica bags and watches h7t01o6e10 replica bags in gaffar market take a look at the site here a2m55q5h74 7a replica bags click here to read b7n99a1v28 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags in delhi l8h81k6k89