Tuesday, November 13, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Non Traditional Colors

Howdy-

It was a wonderful show this past weekend. And now a few days of regular things - then this coming weekend... busy as ever, but this weekend it is with friends at the US Formula One Race! We have three day tickets so we could see everything. But for today it is just a slow day around here to get some chores done, coloring and enjoying the animals.

Today is also the High Hopes Challenge, and this week it is all about using NonTraditional Colors on your holiday card. I started to pull out one of the new release stamps, and I just kept seeing Cowboy Snowman. He was shouting out that he really needed to be inked up and used. How can you tell a Cowboy no?



As you can see I went with Pink and Brown as my NonTraditional colors. Pretty far from the normal holiday colors I would say! I found a piece of this pink glitter DCWV holiday paper in my stash, and then used Core-dinations brown card stock run through a Sizzix embossing folder and sanded. I brown gingham ribbon and zig zag stitching helped finish the card.  Cowboy Snowman was stamped on kraft card stock I then colored a few areas with my Copics, including the sky. Then the snowman and the ground I colored with a white pencil to have it pop more. I added gold stickles to the star and bandana for some bling. The edge I also added stickles for a sparkle mat.  The sentiment is also from High Hopes. "Roundin' Up Some Winter Fun!"

Inside -


Simple inside. I have been leaving the insides without sentiments. As most of my cards have been being sold recently and they have asked to have an area to write their own sentiment. So that is ok with me!

Now you need to see all the other colors over at the High Hopes Challenge!  Then please join us! YOU can be the winner of the challenge and win yourself High Hopes Stamps!

Better run - I want to get chores done early so I can play the rest of the day :0)
HUGS and-

5 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helen said...

what a lovely card; great colours!

Unknown said...

Oooh I love this card, this cowboy snowman's gorgeous! Loving the bg paper and inside of card too.
Ellie Maggie x

Crafting Belle said...

Fabulous card, love those colours. Hugs Lisa xxx

Anonymous said...

http://louisvuittonpurses.citationguide.net 48974 599254louis vuitton speedy 35 base shaper louis vuitton speedy 25 handbag purse hermes belt buckle women price hermes birkin 35cm togo