Friday, November 2, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Release Day 2 !


Hello and welcome to Day 2 of our November Digital Stamp Release Showcase! 
On Thursday (1st November) Whimsy Stamps released this month's new digital designs, From then until 4th November the Whimsy Digital DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop! Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw. To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on 5th November


 To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...









Here is my card for today's release -  I fell totally in love with the Christmas Cardinal from Stamp Art Designs by Kathryn!!



First again I need to give a huge shout out to Tina Wenke - Her new papers are so beautiful and they are perfect for this image are they not? Make sure to visit her new site and see them ok? (www.tinawenke.com)  Now back to this beautiful image. I will be honest here... I colored on this for over an hour. I kept going back and adding more shading, adding more snow, adding more stickles to the berries. Then after all of that I decided to pop the bird... so I printed me a second one and colored the bird all over again cut it out and pop dotted it over the first bird. 

You can see the popping here - 


I also die cut out a little wooden fence and added a little snow to it as well. Then I added the very last piece of my favorite ribbon. I need to find more of that ribbon.... 

Here is the inside with matching piece of the Tina Wenke Papers -  



From now until 4th November the Whimsy Stamps Digital DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop! Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw. To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on 5th November




Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop back to the
 Whimsy blog tomorrow for more new release creations!



Hope you are making the rounds to see all the new images - another great month of released images from Whimsy! The wonderful thing about Digitals... you can afford to get more of them and you can get them really fast and size them to any project. 

See you tomorrow - 
HUGS and-

12 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Beautiful Cardinal. Lovely papers, Stunning card. TGIF and hugs....

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! This could get me into digis!
Barb

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Wowee Michelle, your card is amazing! It is sooooo beautiful. I'm so happy you enjoyed the image. Your creation with it is gorgeous. xx Kathy

Ea Christiansen said...

Beautiful card - love the snow and 3D effect.
Hugz
Ea

okienurse said...

Now that is what I call a drop dead gorgeous card! Love the colors and coloring, the 3-d effects and OMG! it puts me in a card making mood! Thanks for sharing. Vickie aka Okienurse

Patty said...

Very beautiful detailed card! Had to laugh to myself at your comments about coloring over & over again...sounds like me..I just keep working at it until I drive myself crazy..but the results are always worth it...great job!!!

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your cardinal! Of course, I am a bird watcher.... Your cardinal is the prettiest one I have seen on a card!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Stnning an unusual image, and in love with it already xxxx

Laura Love said...

This is beautiful! Great job!

Unknown said...

What an amazing card, absolutely stunning! Such a beautiful cardinal and Tina's papers are to die for, they really make this card special. Your hard work has paid off for sure.
Ellie Maggie x

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful! Ruby x

Unknown said...

Cardinals are my favorite, and thank you for using the paper:) You are SOOO talented!

xxxTina

P.S. Hope you win!!!