Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Magnolias - a wonderful sketch!

It is Friday! WOW this week has been a weird long and fast week! The labor day holiday Monday really made a wonderful long weekend, but it has messed my whole week up - add on top of that a Tropical Storm (Hermine) coming right across the top of us, something that rarely happens here in central Texas - at least right on top of - Well we have been just floating this past week. We have had over 8 inches here, not nearly as bad as some in our area, but lets just say that the dry dirt.. is now really thick wet gooey mud! Then the sun comes out yesterday and whew.. HOT, HUMID and just plain YUCKY!

Well in all that rain - I did find some time to craft! Just Magnolias this week is a great sketch by fellow DT Dawn!
I loved working with this sketch, and with my new papers by GCD - Ella Blue collection! Really gave me a shabby feel - and this sketch was perfect to do some distressing with the papers, and it show off. I sewed down each layer to the sketch after distressing the edges. I was going to ink the edges as well, but decided I like the white showing - hmmm  what do you think?  My Tilda is colored with my Copics, stickles for the wings and sewed down to the same dark brown card mat on the cool blue base.

The sentiment, by Hero Arts, is stamped on a piece of scrap from the base, then punched with a Stampin Up punch. For some added embellishment there are four adhesive pearls.

This is really a fun sketch, hope you will give it a go - and join us at JUST MAGNOLIAS.

Now I have to run.. Wish me luck - practicing my driving today.. highway, and parking lots of the shopping center in town!! The reward is that at the end of the drive I am meeting my good buddy Tracey for a pedicure - :0) Oh and I am sure she will have to have Starbucks too, right Tracey? LOL

Have a wonderful Friday! See you for Animal Crackers tomorrow :0)

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Michelle!! I love these papers and they are perfect with this image!! Love what you did with the sketch!!
Good luck with your driving and have fun with your friend!
:)Kathy

Martina said...

MIchelle,
this is such a beautiful card!! I love the colours...this time in shades of brown..but hey..with this skecth and what you have made of it it looks just awsome!!!
Martina

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful Sketch. Love that swwt magnolia and the leather looking paper. HAve a wonderful weekend, hugs...

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle :)

Good luck!

Sending you lots of smiles :)

Nancy said...

Oh Michelle, this is so pretty. I love the touch of light blue with all the lovely chocolate - always a favorite combo of mine. Very, very pretty!

Shazza said...

stunning card Michelle x

DawnMarie said...

Ooh love chocolate brown! But then I do really enjoy chocolate itself lol. Hope you did well with your driving Michelle, let me know how you do.xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Michele,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marjo said...

Gorgalicious, yummy polka dots. Love all the details. Wonderful card!

Hugs, Marjo

COCO said...

very cute card Michele !!!!
very fab colours !!
hugs coco

Annie said...

a very pretty card Michelle, love the combination of blue and brown.
hugs, annie x