Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting a bit nuts with Templates and Tutorials

Surfing the net can be so inspiring and well.. waste lots of time too :0) One of my favorite things to do is to go to a few of my favorite blogs - then surf off from their links. I can end up 20 or more links away from my start sometimes! This week I have been having fun following links to people and places that do templates and tutorials for 3-D fun.

One of my favorite places is My Time Made Easy - I just love Lauren's stuff - Gorgeous! My latest was her teapot.

But on one of my trips through blog land last week, I ran across a new blogger for me. Becky Roberts from Inking Idaho. And I just loved her templates too! Really cute! And was a perfect solution for one of my desk top needs!

You see I keep all of the latest release from Stampavie on my desk, they are used so much, just no need to put them away :0) - But well... those little slippery acrylic folders are well... slippery and hard to keep stacked up. Well one of Becky's templates is a "mini" magazine holder! OH too perfect and too cute!
This is the first one I made up - Now don't look too close, as I have a couple of little boo boo's I had to cover up and hide, but oh I love it on my desk!
It was really easy to put together, and again, the perfect size to hold my Stampavie images!
Had so much fun making this one.. well... I made up another one for a gift... wink wink.. it is on its way hope she likes it!
I made her's a bit more country... love the deep red color with the kraft paper -

Really was fun ... now I can't wait to make the little drawers to match mine. But there are some really cute purse templates too! Visit Becky HERE if you want to see her templates. Hope she doesn't mind me spreading the news. Tell her I sent you from Donkey Smiles that should give her a giggle.. LOL

Have a wonderful Monday - - - OH and I am putting together some Blog Candy for later in the week so pop back and see

HUGS and-


19 comments:

Anne said...

Morning Michelle
These are super dooper. Love the richness of the second one.
I'm off to check out the link for myself now:)
Anne x

Anjena said...

These were so great! I think I have to meke them myself. Thank you for a wonderful blog! Best regards Jessica

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

this looks brill....!!! i think i will be going to check out this blog.. glad i am not the only one who ends up going off on someone elses links... lol..!!! Looks like you have had loads of fun with this template....
thanks 4 the inspiration
kaz_za

Janette said...

What a brilliant idea, must go see for myself, you made a fab job of yours, and good idea to keep your stamps in too.xx

Jingle said...

This is really a fantastic idea! I love this!

Christine said...

Love that, what a fantastic idea for holding those loose acrylic stamps stuffed in my drawer... off to check out her templates. Thanks, Michelle, for sharing!!

Marilyn in TX said...

I love all of Becky's patterns and tutorials - I found her blog last Spring. Love the tag for your blog header, but I think it needs to be a little smaller, as it kind of overwhelms the donkeys... just my opinion, though.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, Michelle, these are fabulous. TFS.

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Michelle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol Dee said...

WOW, these are super. Love both of them. SO I am off to see her stuff now. TFS. hugs...

helencreaty1 said...

waw beatiful work, i love both of them and i am sure your friend ll like it =)
have a nice day
helen

Donalda said...

Wow dear, this is gorgeous. I am so glad to see you crafting dear. You are one special lady. Hugs

Heidi said...

this is gorgeous, I have to go and check it out.

Nancy said...

Wonderful. I particularly like the one in the floral paper. Great idea.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, what a great idea!

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! what a fabulous creation you made and such a pretty organiser for your Stampavie collection!
hugs, annie x

diane zechman said...

How could someone NOT like it? CUTE!

Jolita said...

What a great project!
I visited Becky's site and ordered some of her templates myself.
Thanks for sharing the tip!

Hugs,
Jolita

Peachy Wessels said...

What a cute idea. I love these types of projects! Very handy as well.