Monday, September 27, 2010

A Pillow Box - Love the size of this one!

 Hello and Happy Monday!

Today I wanted to show you a pillow box I made.... well I put together anyway :0)
I love pillow boxes, I think they are just too cute. And a while ago I wanted to get a Sizzix die to make them up quicker. When I got my Big Shot Pro... that opened up my possibilities. The Pro size dies are SO much larger, (in price too he he) But seriously this box is so worth it cuz you can actually put a real present in this one! The finished size is  8 1/2" x 4 3/4" x 1 1/2" You can see the die HERE at sizzix. 

This box has already been sent off as a gift and I put a large size bag of kisses in it :0) Now for the decorations. There are two borders one on each side, the are Martha Stewart. I attached them to the pattern paper, that I believe is Basic Grey... it was a scrap - so I am not sure there. I trimmed the paper and flipped it to show both sides of the paper. Does that make sense? The blue showing on the edge is the back side of the lights side. This is all wrapped around the box.

The image!! OH Love this new one. This is Stampavie's Penny Johnson's Chic Shopping - too cute! I would love to spend the day shopping with her looks like she makes lots of purchases! Even the puppy has to help hold the packages. All colored with my Copics and then high lighted with my white gel pen and glaze pens. I cut out with a large circle Nestie, and then matted with the same red card stock as the box with a scalloped Nestie, and then doodled around the image for some added fun.
Seriously this didn't take hardly any time to make and I think a fun "package" to receive a gift in don't you? I do think I will be making more of these! LOL I have too... makes the die worth the cost, even if I did get it at a great sale... still more than I pay for one die. But think how cute my gifts will be this year under the tree :0) HO HO HO

Well gotta run - very important day today! Last appointment at my ocularist today - will be another long day there, but just so worth it. The eye I have been wearing all month is amazing, I can see the difference in color and shape a bit, those that are around me a lot now say they can see it too... so getting the new one that is perfect will be ... well perfect!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday -
HUGS and -

8 comments:

Peachy Wessels said...

What a really cute little box. The Sissix dies look like they would be really fun to make. Great coloring on the stamp. Such fun!

Pinklady 68 said...

A beautiful image, paper, punch edges and layout on this little box:-)

Have a great Monday!
Hugs Laila.

Michele Spera said...

Oh really neat box! very nice size, really cute image and I love the added border punch
Good luck at the Dr today:-)
hugs
Michele S.

Cards By MI said...

Sweet box! Really sweet. It looks stunning. I'm so happy that your eye doctor is helping you so much, and doing it well. Keep going!
xMarie

Jingle said...

This is really adorable!

DawnMarie said...

This is a gorgeous gift box Michelle, it's a gift in itself! Love the colours you have used. So beautiful.xx

Nancy said...

Oh, this is just wonderful! I have to look into that machine if you can make something this fabulous!

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous pillow box. And it holds a LARGE bag of candy WOW!
Woo-hoo the last appointment. We are all anxiously waiting to see the final results, too. Hugs...