Sunday, September 5, 2010

My New Eye and Brand New Sarah Kay!!!

But first I have to report... I have two eyes again!! Now only one works.. but I look normal! It blows me away the talent this woman has, really my eye looks real. Hubby said he doesn't think anyone could ever tell which one isn't real unless they knew to look directly at it. I will work on getting a photo to show off in the near future, but today - uh no.. My eyelids are all red and swollen from taking it in and out, and me learning to take it in and out by myself, so I don't have to call her in the middle of the night someday - LOL  I don't plan on taking it out that often -no I will not be one of those party trick people. I will be going back in three weeks to have the color tweaked it may be a shade lighter than my real eye, and to make sure the angle is correct. I told you this woman is a perfectionist, she even took flash photos to make sure that the flash shows in the same position as my real eye. Would not have even thought to worry about that! So when the swelling is down I'll have Hubby shoot a photo to show off the new me -

Now to the new Sarah Kays!

We all love Sarah Kay - especially me :0) And when I saw the new ones I just fell in love with each of them, but Jacqueline baking sweet treats, oh my she was the first one I inked up and had to color up! (You can see all of the new Sarah Kays HERE)

Love a girl making up some ...hhhmmmm I think Chocolate brownies! LOL

I knew exactly what paper I had to use, I found his cute piece of baking themed paper on a clearance rack - no name on it, but just loved it and was saving it for something special - nothing more special than new Sarah Kays!  I sewed it down with a striped scrap and blue Bazzil Swiss Dots paper. I made a lace doily border with a EK Success punch, and a pink dot ribbon.

I colored with my Copics, and all though it is hard to tell in the photo I highlighted a lot of this image with Spica Glitter pens - this baby sparkles in the light!
Hope you like Jacqueline - I know you are loving her and all the new Sarah Kays - me... I am thinking I need to go and see if I have everything to make some brownies :0)

HUGS and have a wonderful Sunday!

15 comments:

Shirl said...

That's fantastic news Michelle, so glad to hear that things are getting back to almost normal for you :)

Mmmm..you saved the paper for just the perfect image! I love all the colour combo too...really sweet!

Wishing you a great week ahead!

AnnS said...

Michelle, you are a remarkable woman. I love the new card. She's adorable.

Rhonda Miller said...

I'm so glad you got your new eye. I am always amazed at how great they can look. So natural.

Your card is so cute. TFS.

sharyn davis said...

what a great day!

Martina said...

Wonderful news Michelle!
The Sarah Kay baking card is sooo lovely! I love the new images as well..but don't you think these are not all original colourings??? They look different....
You made a great card and the backgroundpaper is stunning!! It suits perfect!
Martina

Carol Dee said...

Terrific news. I am looking forward to seeing the results. I had heard that the people that do this for a living are real artists.
LOVE the paper you used with this image. It is cool here and I was thinking to bake toay!
Hugs...

DawnMarie said...

I am so glad to hear that you are being looked after so well Michelle, it's so good that you feel 'back to normal'. Your card is beautiful, you are colouring as good as ever.xx

Jane said...

Ah Michele hun that is such fabulous news!!!! Wow! I'm so pleased for you! Your card is gorgeous, love the image and your gorgeous colouring and details! hugs, Jane xxx

Lorraine A said...

A friend of mine has an artificial eye ,, and I can't tell which one it is !! I am sure you will not notice it before long too :-)
Gorgeous card Michelle ,,, perfect as always :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michelle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nancy said...

Such a wonderful card! Very happy. Love that paper and wish it had had a name on it. Isn't that always the way? So glad to hear that you are happy with the new eye and that it looks so perfect.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I'm so glad you are happy with your new eye, whoo hoo! It's like sunshine coming out of the rain. Can't wait to see the pic's.

I'm also jealous you are back to making these totally awesome cards so quickly. I am still muddling along with mine and I have both eyes and 20/20....lol. But seriously, this has not effected your beautiful work and that is so great!!!

Love this new image and the card design, it's so pretty.

Rufus said...

Marvelous news! Will look forward to the pictures. Sweet card, you're right back into the groove and looking good as ever!
R/

Heidi said...

Michelle, you are awesome, you sound so excited about your eye! A true testiment to your wonderful attitude and personality. I commend you girlfriend.

Your card is fabulous as always- now off to see those babies of your from Saturdy. I gotta see my Jorge.

Kathi said...

Hi Michelle,
what exciting news. And it´s so good to know, the woman is taking it really serious.
Your card looks yummy... hopefully I will get one of the brownies, ones they leave the oven. :-)
Take care!
XX Kathi