Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Animals!

Spoon Full of Sugar this week has gone to the animals! Now how easy and fun is that - use animals on your card!

I was thrilled to ink up one of the new Stampavie Penny Johnson images ... Dearest Deer - love these two, perfect for a Christmas card!

 I colored with my Copics (of course) with a chalk background. I then used some Martha Steward snow flock for the snow, then added just a bit of Lace Stickles for some shine. I inked the edges of them once cut out with my circle Nesties.
For the card I went with a standing easel card, the papers are all from My Minds Eye O'Christmas Tree Collection. REALLY love this Christmas stack - All the layers are sewed together with red and green card stock. And all the pattern papers are inked. For the sentiment I used a Cloud 9 epoxy sticker, on a card stock Sizzix fancy Tag die cut. Then to help hold my easel standing I found four red fabric brads in my stash.

Hope you will join the Spoon Challenge this week - we all have animal stamps! And the prize is always wonderful!

Suppose to get some really bad weather here today... a tropical storm moving across Texas. We SO NEED the rain... they are predicting 2-12 inches. The two I can handle.. the 12 would be just a bit much - Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

HUGS and-

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Sweet little Christmas card. You now have a nice start on your Christmas stash. Have a good Day. Hugs...

Riet said...

Beautiful card Michelle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nancy said...

It is SO good to see you posting again, and so regularly. This is another great image. I really have to get some of their stamps! Beautiful card.

Kylie said...

What darling deer! I love this cute image and your beautiful card. Just gorgeous Michelle.
Thanks for having me as a guest at ASFOS this week,
Hugs
Kylie

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love that sweet image.

I do hope you didn't get too much rain!

Carol x

Annie said...

this is an adorable image Michelle and you made a fabulous card.
hugs, annie x