Monday, February 14, 2011

It's been 24 years - Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day! I JUST LOVE VALENTINES DAY! You see it is a very special day in our house. A romantic day yes - Hubby's Birthday and it is our Wedding Anniversary!

Hubby wasn't great with remembering dates, and well.. we decided that it would be special to marry on Valentines Day - So 24 years ago today we were married.

I would love to say it was the best day of my life - but really it was just the start of many many best days. He is my other 1/2 and my best friend. We have been talking recently how much closer we are now than ever before. Maybe it was the accident that made us realize how special things are, maybe we are just happy in our settled ways - whatever I do thank God each day that this stubborn hard headed handsome man was sent to me - and that I was smart enough at that young age to know that he was the one for me. Yes I was young... only 19 when we married!! YIKES!

How mushy was that? LOL

Now want a really hard laugh?

How about that 1987 wedding photo? OH my can't believe I am going to show this! It really is a horrible photo, we didn't have a "professional" photographer... a friend took our photos for us.

Shaking head here.. AAHHH   I was so HOT and sweaty!! I was the first to use the churches new bridal room... and the first to discover that they forgot to put in air vents! Make up was sweaty and my hair fell.. but the important thing is that we were married and have lived happily ever after right?

Hope you enjoy your Valentines Day - we do the same thing each year to celebrate, yes.. very romantic... we go to the stock show and rodeo for the donkey and mule shows!!! Wouldn't that be what you do for romance? LOL ok that is what we do during the day, then we go out for a nice romantic dinner on the way home.

Have a wonderful day - me.. Donkey Days and my Hubby = a great day!
HUGS and

16 comments:

Judi said...

Happy Anniversary Michelle! Love the photo, lol. It's funny, I married my hubby on his birthday for the same reason, I wonder how many more of us canny women there are out there?

Hugs & Happy Valentines Day

Judi x

Jane said...

Ah, it is so lovely to hear people still so in love! Happy Anniversary hun and happy birthday to your hubby! I married my hubby the day before my birthday hoping it would be easier for him to remember but now he just muddles the two up LOL! hugs, jane x

~Paola~ said...

Congratulations on your 24th wedding anniversary Michelle:o)
Coming to visit your lovely blog always brings a smile to my face!
U're such terrific blogger w/ incredible creative ideas!:o) *tfs*

Lorraine A said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your hubby, It sounds like you have a lovely day planned ,,, have fun :-)

I emailed you a few days ago ,, did you get it ? :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jóna said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and Happy Birthday to him to :O)
Hugs, Jóna

Sheri said...

Happy happy anniversary. Your picture is beautiful and you will always look back and smile at your perfect day with so many more to come. You are blessed

Kirsten Alicia said...

Happy anniversary to you & hubby & happy birthday to him. Hope you both have a wonderful day.

Janette said...

Awww, how wonderful to read this, the photo says it all, hope you have many more years ahead together, happy anniversary..xxxx

Lacey Stephens said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary!
~Lacey

Carol Dee said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Valentine's Day .., You are qit the romantic. I love the wedding photo. He really is adorable (ooops) Handsonme ;) Have a wondeerful day. Hugs to both of you...

okienurse said...

Michelle it sounds like you have an awesome Valentines/anniversary day planned. I think the wedding photo is nice and it doesn't show all the stress you were under! It is the things gone awry you remember and if everything was perfect it would make for such a boring day! Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Helen said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations to your husband. Hope you had a nice day together and enjoyed your dinner. Regards

Caroljenks said...

Happy Anniversary Michelle and Happy Birthday to your best friend too :)

Carol x

diane zechman said...

Hope you had a fun day, my friend! Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Anniversary, and birthday to Craig!

Anonymous said...

Pam says: Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your hubby. I hope you had a wonderful day the the stock show. The weather was perfect for it.

Rufus said...

Happy Valentine's day,Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your other half!
R/