Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything BUT a Card!

Love challenge that make me think a bit harder! And this week A Spoon Full of Sugar wants anything but a card. This was a good opportunity to use instructions I had found from Splitcoast that I  have been dying to try and didn't have the time - so this challenge made some time for me!

This is a Faux Leather Wallet! Love Love Love this! And it really wasn't hard to do at all! You can find the instructions HERE at Splitcoast Stampers. Now I didn't have the magnet to keep it closed, and thought about using velcro - but then decided I wanted my wallet to look a bit more girlie... so I used ribbon and tied a bow.

If you are interested in how to make this please see the instructions at Splitcoast.. as they are written very well and are easy to understand... but basically it is a brown piece of card stock embossed with a Cuttlebug folder - then once cut to shape you cover the outside of the card stock with clear embossing powder - really a cool look!! Hubby thought it was some type of leather at first :0)

When opened up you can see it has the accordian folder sides to expand, and it is sewed together with a pretty floral liner. I added an image to the front of my wallet, just had to make it that girlie looking wallet - and what is more girlie than a Sarah Kay image? This is Stampavie's new Sarah Kay "Fleur gathering flowers with Manon" Long name.. but beautiful image... ok so this is only part of the image.

I colored with my Copics and then cut her out with a circle Nestie. I couldn't find any card stock that matched well. So I cut a larger white circle and then colored it with my Copics to match the flowers. The ribbon is a satin ribbon from Papertrey Ink. And then I added six adhesive pearls for the corners. Just girlie enough I think!

Now pop on over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the projects from the DT - Wowser!

Have a wonderful Tuesday -
HUGS and -

11 comments:

Fleur said...

Michelle, this awesome. It looks stunning
Hugz Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Wauw very nice!! Like it so much.
Hugs Ageeth x

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's very beautiful.

Helen said...

Gorgeous!

Carol Dee said...

you did a great job, this looks like real leather. Super cool. Hugs...

Carol Dee said...

you did a great job, this looks like real leather. Super cool. Hugs...

Carol Dee said...

you did a great job, this looks like real leather. Super cool. Hugs...

Carol Dee said...

you did a great job, this looks like real leather. Super cool. Hugs...

Shelly said...

Fabulous!!! Your workmanship on this is beautiful. It looks so much like real leather.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, this is an awesome project Michelle... really effective and the image is adorable, Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

ooo I love this little wallet Michelle, well you know I adore Sarah Kay and this looks so smart. I must give it a go .. ..
hugs, annie x