Friday, February 18, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - LOVE!!

Hello and Happy Friday! Today is Just Magnolia and Hanglars day.. and today's challenge is all about the LOVE. GREAT Challenge don't you think? I am still in the Valentines mood :0)

For my card I chose another Hanglar image sent to me from a wonderful internet friend. I have some of these images that were sent on watercolor paper - and since I "used" basically only Copics I just put them in a drawer and never used them. But now that I have the new Aqua-markers :0) - -   :0) - - - :0)    I have pulled them out and have been coloring like crazy!!!
I just love the bold colors that are available with these Aqua-markers! I am still learning how to use them, and practicing but I do love playing with them. I highlighted with a white gel pen.
 Then for my card - full of Love of course! I started out with a red card stock, then I found papers from DaisyD's - The collection name is "Snowflakes and Holly" But I think there is some romantic Valentines Love feel with them as well. Love the vintage feel of them, and the pretty colors.

I sewed down the three patterns - Oh to save paper I cut the mat for the Hanglar image out of the bottom red pattern paper, then used it as the mat :0) Hey all that paper in the middle was gonna be hidden anyway right? :0)

Then I went digging in my ribbons and found this gorgeous stretchy red velvet lacy ribbon, really pretty! And perfect for this card. Then I punched out two Fiskar's squeeze punch hearts, one medium and one large - The sentiment is from Hero Art.

Had lots of fun with this one, and now I am heading off to see the other DT's Love at Just Magnolia and Hanglars! Join us and make a card with some love and then you could win our prize this week!

See you tomorrow for some Animal Crackers!

HUGS and -

6 comments:

Rach said...

A really pretty card Michelle,
those papers are gorgeous hun.xx

okienurse said...

Simply gorgeous card! I really like the colors and the paper prints with the Hanglar image. I don't have any of those so I might ought to look into getting some. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Helen said...

What a lovely card. Will join you again tomorrow for the animals. Hugs, Helen

Carol Dee said...

Beautiful papers. Sweet image. A lovely card. hugs...

Kelly Schelske said...

So very cute Michelle!

Iulia said...

Your card is beautiful with gorgeous coloring! Love the bright colors!
Hugs,Iulia