Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dust it Off - Elizabeth Bell - Pen Pal

Hi - This past weekend I took time to look through all of my older stamps. I have millions of them. And I really want to use all the older stamps that I had to have cuz I fell in love with them. Poor things... I loved them so much and then they got put in a box and haven't seen light much less ink in a long long long time. So I am going to Dust off my old weekly blog post.. "Dust it Off" and start playing with more of what I have. I still will need all the new things I fall in love with :0) But I have challenged myself to use more of what I have -

Today I pulled out one of those images that I had to have  - by Elizabeth Bell. Took me a while to figure out who this actually came from. But I finally found that she is part of the SweetART Ebony collection, and her name is Pen Pal.



Isn't she pretty? I think she has a little attitude :0) I colored her with my Copics. The pattern papers are from very old stuff. I punched two EK Success Flourish border punches twice once with the green card stock and once with the cream colored. Everything is sewed down. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of fabric tape.

My flower....

I love how my flower came out!

You see I made it! No really I did!!! A couple of weeks ago I was at Hobby Lobby. Just ran in for some glue - nothing else I swear.... But I did have a 40% off coupon and saw a set of punches by McGill that well... I needed them. It is three punches with instructions for making roses. They have other sets for other flowers, that maybe one day I'll need to. I punched out of light pink card stock and then shaded and added pink Copics for depth. The leaf punch is part of the set as well. I used green Copics to add veins and shadows there as well. After it was all glued together and gorgeous I decided it needed some texture and bling. So I sprayed with Goosebumps and Smooch... Has a shiny sparkle now. Frustrated not as much as I wanted... but both sprayers are clogged ... grrrrrrr....

Kept the inside simple and ready for anything.


She was so happy to have some ink again!

I found that this qualified for  Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Pink and Green

Have a wonderful day....and see you tomorrow for the Whimsy Challenge -

Hugs and



8 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what a beautiful card. This image is so sweet. I just love Elizabeth Bell.

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says...
Great card - I love pink and green. The rose is AWESOME...

Mynn xx said...

SO glad you got the amazing punches--because that rose is TO DIE FOR!!! LOVE your coloring--your image is adorable! :)

Cheryl said...

Fantastic card! Love how you colored that sweet image, and the dp is perfect--it looks like it could be fabric from her shirt! Great job on the flower. I've got some of those punches but haven't been very successful with them.

Rufus said...

I've got her, too! Now I need to dig her back out. No wonder you "needed" the rose punches, it's lovely! In fact, the whole card is fabulous.
R/

flatis stempelwelt said...

So beautiful,I love the image and the colours.
hugs Sonja xx

diane zechman said...

Gorgeous flower! Wow...you've been busy! Lots of great cards!