Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes!

Wednesday - and today is the Whimsy Stamps Challenge. Theme is super easy this week. Anything Goes.. so no excuses!!! Go and join us at the challenge for a chance to get more Whimsy!

For me I used one of the new release images, Cockadoodledoo by Lia Stampz.  I loved coloring this one. Oh it wasn't the frilly bling girlie image that I love to work with. But once I started working with it, I really had lots of fun.

I had the Paper Studio Countryside Villa collection on the shelf. I have had it a while actually... loved all the country feeling patterns. But hadn't found the right image to use them yet. Well... this image was the one for sure! I found three patterns and stacked them and zig zag stitched them together. I cut the rooster out with a Spellbinders Oval, cutting the tail out first to it would stand out of the oval. All the papers and the images were gone around with a black copic. A piece of black and white gingham ribbon as a band around the middle. While looking through things I found these very old chipboard letters. Love them, I did have to get creative with my wording... but found a sentiment I liked.


I also did the inside. :0) My inside sentiment is computer generated. Ended up being a funny birthday card for my step father. Guy cards are so fun for me. But this one flew out and I love how it came out.

Now you need to go fast over to the Whimsy Inspiration Challenge see the other DT work and then join us! There is NO excuse... you don't even have to use a Whimsy image! But if you win you can get some :0) wink wink...

Better run... got a check up early this morning, then a few errands. Have a great day!
HUGS and

5 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol Dee said...

Love the paper. Great card for Dad in Law. :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this card is Fabulous!!! I should try the challenge since I just recently bought a whimsy stamp!!
hugs, heidi

ednamburgess said...

Such a cute card. Could be used for graduation also. Enjoyed it. Edna

Marilyn said...

Love what you've done with this image Michelle! You've created a fabulous card that could be used for several different occasions. Great layout and papers too.