Friday, May 25, 2012

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge - Gingham

Hi -
Happy Friday! It is Just Magnolia & Hanglar Challenge - and today it is all about Gingham! I love Gingham... those adorable little boxes in all colors. For me this was also a great chance to use my new Magnolia image... Little Miss Muu Muu - totally love her!

Calves are just adorable, Cows... not so much :0) I say that because shortly after we moved to "the country" we found ourselves with three cows. I named them of course and we started caring for them all while trying to find the owners. Days.. then Weeks.. we still had the cows. Then one day there was a fourth... one dropped a baby. And oh my our property... they licked my truck, "went" everywhere ( and that was just plain gross) broke fences... well you get the point. And they were not friendly at all. We gave them to a local that had cows and decided to stick to donkeys.

Ok how about I get to my card? LOL I used my copies to color her, and then found some October Afternoon papers that were looked like Miss Muu Muu would like. Sewed things together. I then cut out a My Favorite Things doily and a couple of circles out of scraps. I stamped a sentiment from Stampabilities, then placed it over the corner and cut it down. A Red gingham ribbon around the bottom, and then my flowers. I looked up and saw my vase of flowers from the craft store. They are plastic, but they are just like the ones Miss Muu Muu is holding! A few Martha Stewart Frond leaves and done!

Close up of my flowers.


I then picked up my scraps and did a simple inside

 Fun card - with two patterns of Gingham for the challenge. Now it is your turn to visit the Just Magnolia and Hanglars Challenge and enter a card with gingham for this weeks prize.

Better go and check on the new kids. Still having problems with them eating from Mom - but they seem to be doing pretty good. I hope they can continue to get stronger and we get them eating 100% from Lillie.

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers -
HUGS and -

7 comments:

BethW said...

Moxie Fab is having a gingham challenge-this would be perfect.

Unknown said...

fabulous card...love th egingham too ..hope the babies are well hugs sassyx

TA Carbone said...

Cute. I ordered her just because she is an animal and I want to do a special design with just their animals.

Michelle who was the donkey you got with the Property? Was is Ted E. Bear Also do you still have 3 standards. I remember you writing that you got a new one but she didn't get along with the other standards so she was with the mini's. Is she still with the mini's. Nosey mind needs to know lol

Big Hugs
:)
TA

Carol Dee said...

I love the October Afternoon papers, the darling cow image and the gingham ribbon. Great card.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle. My Little Muu Muu arrived yesterday afternoon (my first Magnolia stamp), and I can't wait to ink her up! Hope I can do as good a job as you with her.

Jennifer. x

Cathy said...

This is the most adorable card I have ever seen. I love the image. Your coloring is fantastic. I love the paper and your use of gingham. Anyone would love to receive this beauty in the mail.....TFS

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Beautiful!!! love the baby cow on it and those flowers are Fabulous with it! Great work doll!
hugs, Heidi