Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My first Saturated Canary... but not last! :0)

That darn BEV!  She has done it again! :0) Don't get me wrong, I love this gal. But darn it... she has enabled me again! :0) I saw her cards with the Saturated Canary images and I was over the moon! We have had LONG discussions about images that are "out of proportion" some of them just really freak me out. Some are cute, and I use them and like them. But while messaging the other day she told me that I would LOVE these Saturated Canary images. Yea Yea... I went and looked and Crud... she was right! :0) I filled a cart up on my first visit then sat in front of my computer for a day waiting for them to be emailed to me. And now a brand new site is coming I am going to be broke for sure now.

So Bev... if only I was this cute... this would be me too you ...

I loved this image as soon as I saw it. I usually do go towards the silly ones. This cutie is called "FrizzyJinz" I colored with my Copics. Then I made my card.

The Saturated Canary Challenge this week is asking for May Flowers - So I found some KaiserCraft Papers called Charlotte's Dream with pretty peach colored roses. I stacked up a few of the patterns and zig zag stitched them together. 

Now I think I printed my image just a little big, but no way was I wasting it, so I made it fit :0) The sentiment is from Stampabilities. And the border around it is Papertrey Ink. That sentiment just seemed too perfect for her don't you think? I added a CherryLynn Die Cut flourish and leaves, with some peachy colored mulberry roses. Then for a little bling I added dots of Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Salmon color.

I did the inside too... And this Stampabilities sentiment was also perfect - so I used it on the inside with a Memory Box die, and more KaiserCraft papers sewed together.


Can't even tell you how much fun I had with this one. I really have been coloring and playing quite a bit lately. MoJo is going on full speed I guess. I have been cleaning my craft room and moving things all around the past two days. I have suddenly gotten a large 8x8 ft closet in my craft room to use, that was storage for my job until now, and have decided now was the time to totally sort and reorganize my space. Oh the goodies I am finding that I forgot about! With doing this and moving a lot of my crafting stuff into the closet I can now focus on "decorating" my room more. And I can't wait to find more fun "antique" things to put into it!

Speaking of - I had better get to work! See you tomorrow!
HUGS and -

6 comments:

Unknown said...

now shes made me smile shes so cutie and naughty looking..cheeky in fact...i too love kirstas work i must do another soon..i like your new heading too... blog looks fab looked good before but loving it now hugs sassyxx

Marilyn said...

Great card Michelle and yeah, once you have one SC digi, you need more, more, more! I'm just waiting for the new shop to open... waiting anxiously! Love the hair on this little gal and how you've placed those flowers on the vines... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card & she IS a cutie!!!

Naomi Johnson said...

What a fabulous card. I do love SC images. So much fun. Great sentiments and I love the colours

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh she is so adorable, great card.

Loopylou. said...

another gorgeous card michelle,hugs Lou xx