Monday, May 21, 2012

No Ifs, and's, or...

Hello -
I have been sorting and cleaning my stash the past week. And in that going through everything, I realize I have too much stuff! LOL Lots of old stuff that I really should find new homes for, LOL. Why is it so hard to let go? Some of this is SOOO old. I am going to work on that. But I have had fun going through my boxes of stamps and seeing all my old favorites that I haven't inked in forever.  And when I came across the Donkey from High Hopes. His name is Brayden - love that name! Well I stopped and had to color him, with my Copics of course, and now you know why it is taking so long to do this... :0)  Well he was sitting on my desk, and this morning I put together a simple but bright card.


I know really bright huh? Seems like I have been in bold mood lately, that and I just love these Graphic 45 papers. Because the papers are so bold I didn't go with a lot of embellishments. Just sewed the layers down, 4 large vintage buttons and a die cut butterfly, that I colored with my copies. The sentiment is also from High Hopes... it is made to go with it :0)

The inside is the same papers, with my favorite "Happy Birthday" stamp from Alota Rubber Stamps.


While surfing around I found that this card basically qualifies for Sundays with Crissy Challenge - my butterfly takes care of that as the theme is "Things with Wings". I hope it does :0) May be a stretch.

Have a great day -


15 comments:

Distressed Miss said...

Oh Michelle this is adoreable, such a gorgeous image and I love the bold look.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

diane zechman said...

Love the sentiments! Cute donkey too! I've been thinking about sorting through stuff...but that's all I got done...thinking!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Adorable! U could also enter it into challenge by The Pink Elephant with the theme Buttons Galore.
Hugs, Heidi

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Adorable! U could also enter it into challenge by The Pink Elephant with the theme Buttons Galore.
Hugs, Heidi

Marga said...

I love the Donkey card Michelle
Hugs Marga

Marga said...

I love the Donkey card Michelle
Hugs Marga

Marga said...

I love the Donkey card Michelle
Hugs Marga

Marga said...

I love the Donkey card Michelle
Hugs Marga

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fantastic card. I love the image.

Helen said...

what a gorgeous and cute card. Love the face of this sweet donkey. Good luck with cleaning out the old stuff; I also find it hard to say goodbye to things. Hugs, Helen

BethW said...

I have the same problem and when I do purge some of it,I seem to replace it with 2x the amount!And I have so enjoyed your G45 cards,I just ordered a bunch of their older papers online-I need help!

Sheri said...

How adorable! And what a perfect sentiment! Ummm I will trade you my old stuff for your old stuff and then we will both have new stuff!

Rufus said...

This card made me smile! Really like it. Then I'm a sucker for humorous cards, life can be to serious.
R/

Carol Dee said...

Brayden is DArling. Love the bright colors. The papers remind me of Mary Engelbright.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Sundays with Crissy.xxx