Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whimsy Challenge - Make it Pop

Today is the Whimsy Stamps Challenge - and the challenge? It is to add some sort of POP to you card. However you interpret that works! For me I saw this adorable kitty, from Crissy's Digitals called "Love Me Anyway" - those eyes just melt your heart huh?


You know... those are the same eyes I get from Puppy Tuco when eats a whole in my sheet rock! Or rips the mail, or eats my credit card, or has an accident. LOL

For my card I used kraft card stock for the base. Matting of cream card stock then lots of papers from the My Minds Eye Lost and Found Sunshine collection. I sewed things down, created a band across the middle with a scrap of paper and two die punched lace borders from My Favorite Things. I cut the kitty out in an oval first. then I did two other kitties, cut on one and popped it on top of the first, the third I cut out just the flower pop and popped it on top as well. That way... it POPS off the card!

Here is a side view -
 I cut a spellbinders Nestie Label to go behind the oval - OH.. I did something else different. Well different for me, I wanted every layer to have a shadow look to it. I took a black Copic and barely went around every layer... was surprised how much it effected things. Love how it looks. A Black pearl flourish is added for some bling. And then six metal dots on the oval. My sentiment are very old Making Memories alphabet stickers.

The inside is done as well - very simply doing the same layers as the top.

I had lots of fun with this one - And I bet you could find a few fabulous digital images at Whimsy Stamps that you could have some fun with as well.  But first hop on over to the Whimsy Challenge Blog and see all the other DT POP cards, and then join us!


Thanks for visiting - :0)
HUGS and -

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Awww cute kitty. I have see those eyes, too! what pet owner has not. LOL. Great card.

Marilyn said...

So cute... I like how you've 'striped' the cat and the dimension is great. Also like the new look on your blog... nothing wrong with the way it was before but this is a very cute header.

Jingle said...

I love this! So cute!

Jennifer said...

Really cute, Michelle...how could anyone stay cross with this little sweetie.

Jennifer. x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely card Michelle. I really like that image. Super cute.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz