Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whispy Fairy - Another Saturated Canary :0)

Hello - told you I was loving these Saturated Canary images! This one was so fun to color, any image you can add Stickles to is a wonderful image!

Her name is Whispy - Isn't she pretty?
 I colored her with my copies - and the cut her out with a Spellbinders Skinny Oval. And then the Stickles! I gave a heavy coat to her wings and to the bottom of her skirt. Really does sparkle in the light!

Then I went to work on my card  -
 A white card stock base- deep purple card stock mat, and then a second mat of Papertrey Ink light green card stock. Just love purple and green, this is a little different shade of green for me to put with purple, but I think it still works. The pattern paper is from KaiserCraft - Lilac Avenue Collection. This pattern paper has a sparkle to is too :0) - I then cut out a CheeryLynn Designs die, Victorian Romance Flourish. It is a large corner flourish. For my ribbon. This was a piece of cream colored seam binding, I used my Copic BG10 and colored so it would match. I tried a purple one first, but I didn't like that... this color seemed better. I glued down the flourish and the oval at the same time so I could layer it correctly. Then I found 5 Prima flowers - then for just a little more bling, I added tiny purple rhinestones around the oval.

I then used scraps and another pattern paper from the KaiserCraft Lilac Avenue collection to decorate the inside -
I so looking forward to the new Saturated Canary store to open... it should be really soon!

For some added fun I thought I would go ahead and submit this one to a few challenges:

Saturated Canary Challenge Blog - May Flowers is the theme.
Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge - Favorite Fairy/Pixie
Glitter Geeks Challenge - Things with Wings
Paper Sundaes Challenge - Things with Wings
Cute Card Thursday Challenge - A Touch of Sparkle!


Hope you liked it! I had lots of fun with this one... can't wait to color up my next Saturated Canary!
HUGS and -

14 comments:

Alex H. said...

Hi Michelle, great card... I love the colouring of the image, the colour combo and the layout! Thanks for joining in our SSP Challenge.
;-) Alex H.

Martina said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle! Fab colouring and also the inside is so beautiful! Amazing!
Hugs,
Martina

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card Michelle...LOVE the colours. I used that corner die for the first time recently - isn't it beautiful!

Jennifer. x

alinsonpaul said...

In this case, CardSystems did not disclose the info about IT security service provider, but is known that security system used by CardSystems was certified by external consulting firm, Savvis.

Company Test Papers

Carol Dee said...

she is sweet, love her hair!
Very pretty card, the swoosh and flower corner is stunning.

JoanieMc said...

Oh, gosh, she is jaw dropping awesome!!! Just absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,
Joanie

Laura said...

Love the seam binding and flower embellies!

Helen said...

what a beautiful card; lovely colours.

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah Michelle,
wow this is so pretty!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Unknown said...

Fab card Michelle, thanks for joining us on the SC Challenge Blog.
Caz
x

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Beautiful and I love that mint green with purple! Thanks for joining in the SSP challenge hun.

Hugs
Jay Jay ♥

Norma said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous. Beautiful image and beautifully coloured. Love the colours and your DP's are gorgeous. Wonderful that you've also decorated the inside of your card.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Sweet Stamping Pixies.
Hugs,
Norma

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty Michelle! Beautifully colored and designed! So glad you linked up to the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

The card is gorgeous! Love you´re coloring.

Thanks for playing with us at SSPC!