Saturday, October 27, 2012

Animal Crackers - A little Hide and Seek Anyone?

It's Saturday!!!! Now that may sound like I am telling you that... but actually, I am letting myself know! LOL Sorry, I stretched in bed this morning and told Hubby... I needed to get outside today and take some good photos today, for tomorrows Animal Crackers. He looked at me kind of funny and said, "you do realize that today is Saturday?"  "NO!" Yesterday it rained all day and somehow I lost a day, I think maybe I was hibernating, as our first really good cold front came in. LOL I say cold... it was in the 60's yesterday, and this morning it is in the low 40's. So I am sorry... my clock went deep into cave and was sorting and cleaning and getting life caught up and just lost track of time. But I have a few photos to share.... Two from a couple of weeks ago and two from this week....


We lost Valentine and Cocoa yesterday....  We needed to leave but really didn't want to until we found them... so despite running late we drove around looking.

In reality... we had driven right by them... TWICE!

This is the fence line down our drive. And due to the cold wind... that I don't think Cocoa was any happier about than me, due to the cold wind Cocoa had taken her and her grown baby son Valentine deep into the brush to stay a little warmer. Now I am thinking we need to put some glow in the dark collars or something on them for next time! LOL Seriously we drove by them twice, before we saw them!

One from a couple of weeks ago... love this one of Annie....


She is one of the little skittish girls. There are three of them that just didn't warm up with the last crew. Like their Mom's. But Annie is getting much better. She actually lets me touch her, and rub a little on her before she runs off. Gorgeous gal. And has those gorgeous eyes.... I am so excited for this last years  group of girls to get old enough to have their own kids. I also am hoping that the Mom's that are about to pop right now have kids just as stunning. This new group... I will not allow skittish, you must let me love on you!!! LOL I can say that... but the Mom's will determine that -

Now speaking of Mom's to be....

I am some high hopes and all my fingers crossed for Miss Lacey. Now you all know that we have population control still in effect here....  No babies "expected"  Well... Miss Lacey she is getting pretty wide, and when I look back at the calendar, there is a very slight chance that she may have gotten some time with Raffie before we separated them all. OH I SO HOPE SO!!! I am dying for a new little fuzz ball baby donkey around here!!!! LOL  I know we have to think business like and responsible, but I just can't help it... I love the babies and miss them so much!  Flavio is now over 5 months old, and he never would let us love on him as much as I like... I like to get down on the ground and let them climb into my lap! That was just a bit much for cautious Flavio... Lacey's babies have always been lovers of attention. So fingers crossed everyone! :0) wink wink....

Well I knew it was coming... my allergies started acting up a couple of days ago... and then so did Auties....


Little guy goes into his sad little position in the kitchen floor. Really it makes your heart just break into a million pieces doesn't it. He does not feel good at all.... well here he wasn't..... but then I pulled out his meds, and gave him a 1/2 a pill - cleared up his itchy eyes, runny nose and clogged up throat. (the throat is the part that just really bothers him the most, poor thing actually chokes trying to clear it)  Later yesterday he was playing with Tuco and running around being his normal self. Better get the other 1/2 ready for today, as I am all stuffed up and my eyes are itching like mad. So I am sure my "son" is too....


sorry I am dork and lost track of the days. LOL  But hey... I did get my cabinet in place and all my "supplies" put into it to show off tomorrow! Yea!

Now me... I am going to run and find my warmer sweats, some socks and I think some oatmeal would be yummy... see you tomorrow!

HUGS and




7 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm so glad hubs told you it was Saturday... I've been waiting for a couple hours for the post! Isn't it silly... how we look forward to these on Saturday morning. I didn't realize it before but yes, I head for the animal crackers before I look at anything else. Poor Autie... I did not know dogs could have allergies.

Carol Dee said...

Good to see you ;) sleepy head.
On cool mornings I have teouble rolling out into the cold house after the warm bed. Winter is NOT A favorite time of the year.
Autie looked miserable. So glad his meds work that well. Wish mine did! LOL
Looking forward to seeing the new cabinet. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I did wonder what had happened when there no post for me to enjoy with my breakfast yesterday, but of course, we forgive you. :)
Poor Autie & poor you, hope you're both feeling better today.
Love the photo of Valentine & Cocoa, I'm sure they were laughing at you, as you drove around looking for them. :)

Helen said...

As I had a day like you yesterday I didn't notice you were late. Val & Cocoa are really good in playing hide and seek. Love the pictures. Poor Autie; this is not fun at all. Give him a big hug.

Unknown said...

Valentine and Cocoa look like 2 needles in a haystack! Thank goodness you found them.
I have 2 questions which I hope you don't mind answering...
1. Do you have an end date for your population control?
2. Does hubby keep a 'Family Tree' of all the goat and donkey babies?
I get really confused which baby belongs to which mom!
Ellie Maggie x

Unknown said...

Oh I forgot to say that poor little Autie, his photo really tugged at my heartstrings, he does look poorly and sad. But glad to read his meds helped. Hope you feel better soon too.
EM x

Cazzy said...

I haven't caught up with the animals for too long, poor Autie, that is rotten for him, you too.

Love the little goat, and yes shine in the dark collars, or ribbons on the collars for the others!

Cazzy x