Thursday, October 11, 2012

Whimsy Stamps - My Shape EZ Purse and Frosty Friend!

Howdy! How is  your week going? Flying by at the speed of light like it is here? Seriously... I can't believe it is Thursday already! WOW ... Today I have a project to share for Whimsy. The Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog is having a day of Review. There are so many wonderful new images in the new release... that there needed to be a Review day to share more of the new goodies!

For me... I decided to try out another one of the Whimsy Shape EZ templates to make a 3-D item.  I wanted to try out the Designer V Purse... It looked to be a great little box for those special treats for small gifts. The thought for me is that this might be a really great little gift box for those Christmas gifts for those... thank you thinking of you type of gifts. You know neighbors, the mail person, Hay delivery.. What you don't have that to give a little treat to? Around here... that is one at the top of the list! That young man is a life saver... delivers and loads up all they hay in the barn for us. Wasn't that long ago Hubby had to do it, and I would try and help... it is a hard job let me tell you!


Here is my little bag -

 Ok, now first off... that photo is making me crazy!!! I is sitting crooked in my tent I think!!! Duh... why didn't I realize that earlier!

What I was also doing when making this little adorable "purse" was timing myself. You see... I wanted to see how fast it took from start to finish.. if they take too long I can't make a whole lot of them in a day. And that is how I do this kind of gift. I take a Sunday and make all the ones I need to fill. This one... from choosing the paper and printing out my Frosty Friend Digital stamp to taking the photo... was just about 30 minutes! LOVE it! I think I can print out the snowman... then a Santa face... and maybe a Reindeer? I'll see what Denise has a Whimsy and choose a few :0)

I found a piece of glittery snowflake paper in my stash of old paper. Loaded the Shape EZ Digital V Purse SVG template into the Silhouette Cameo software, hit trace, paste, cut. Scored the lines folded used my score tape attached. Added a simple wide ribbon for the handle. Need to come up with something different I think... wired ribbon would work so much better. Now because the paper was already pretty... I just added some pearls along the bottom and then along the edge of the fold over lid. My Frosty Friend... I colored him up with my Copics (colors below) and cut him out. and attached him to the lid.  For my future boxes, I think some velcro would be great for the lid to close under his head. I'll have to put that on my list too... LOL

Really was quick, and I think it will be perfect for small gifts. Here is a more side view -



and my Copic Colors...


Make sure to visit the Whimsy Challenge Blog today and see more great new release images!! And if you are a "Facebook'er" have you "liked" the Whimsy Facebook page? You might want to.... :0)  There is LOTS of great things going on there... OH and I almost forgot... Whimsy is having a Digital DT call......... :0)  Check it all out ok?


I am off... I am trying really hard to not panic... and stay calm. But you see Hubby and I decided to rent a booth in an Antique Mall. No biggie... can't move in until November 1st... Lots of time to get our things together. Well then in the next breath we decided to call about a couple of the antique shows in some of the small towns around. Thinking... it is way to late to get into the Fall shows, but maybe we can get into the Spring. The lady who runs them said "normally" I would not have a thing available, but I just yesterday got a call from a vendor that has to cancel out for both the October and November shows. Wow... how lucky is that!! Uh when is the October show? "20 & 21" THAT IS NEXT WEEKEND... Yes... So now we are filling a mall booth, and doing two shows!  I know we will pull it off. And for sure we have plenty for that first show... I told Hubby... wouldn't it be great if we sold out and really had to freak out panic for the the next? LOL  I will be sharing more about the shows as they come up and happen... We are pretty excited about doing them!

HUGS and -


4 comments:

Carol Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Dee said...

Love the gift bag. The snowman is so cute and love all those pearls. :)
Oh how I wish I lived close enough to come browse your booth !!! Good Luck and have tons of fun. Hugs....

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Fabulous idea Michelle! Love that it is so quick to make and yet so beautiful. Anyone would be happy to receive this, I'm sure! Love it! Good luck at the show! xx Kathy

Unknown said...

Your enthusiasm for these shows is so infectious! I'm soooo excited for you both and good luck for the shows and booth, can't wait to hear how you get on. This bag is gorgeous btw! x