Tuesday, October 2, 2012

High Hopes October New Release Day 2 - and Happy Birthday to my Nephew Tagen!

First I have to say a great big Happy Birthday to my nephew Tagen! 
Can't believe he is getting so big! Love you Dude! 
Tell them Aunt Michelle said to Spoil you It's Your Birthday!


Today I have another High Hopes October New Release to share with you!  There is also a Release going on over at Whimsy Stamps so pop there too ok?

For my card today I chose two of the new images :0) Snowy Friends, and matching with that the new background stamp Winter Wonderland.


IS this a happy winter group of friends? They all just have the cutest smiles. Now, since the background image is so large there isn't much to do on the card, but you know me, I had to do as much as I could. Matted the image with a border punched white scallop dot pattern, over a simple red pattern paper. I found a ribbon that I loved, but it was really bright red and white and I didn't like it with the papers and image. Pouted for a while and kept digging through my stash of a billion ribbons. Then I decided that I can alter the color of the red and white ribbon... I colored it with a Copic!! Totally love it now! I need to remember that more often. The sentiment Winter Wonderland is also new from High Hopes.

I added lots of stickles to the background, I thought it needed to really TA-DA you know? Then I pulled out my Marvy Snow Marker and added snow to the trees, and the ground... then I made it snow in the image...

Then I colored my Snowy Friends with my Copics, and then added Marvy Snowy Marker to it! Love that marker... once I learned that you HAVE to wait for it to be totally dry before you heat set it and poof it up. If you don't wait it will not poof. That was always my problem. I cut out the three friends and pop dotted them on my card.

Now make sure to visit the High Hopes Stamps blog and see more of the new release images, and then visit the store to get  your order in fast!

Thanks so much
HUGS and-


4 comments:

Sheri said...

Great card! And happy birthday Tagen!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

First I have to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAGEN!!!!

Now back to this gorgeous card. I love that you popped the image out. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I like the classic Christmas colours and bit of country feel it has.

Cynde said...

Happy Birthday Tagen! Michelle Love your card. Your coloring is Great and love all the stickles and marvy snow marker add ons. It's so fun and really says Holidays.