Tuesday, October 30, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Feathers and Fur!

Howdy - today is the High Hopes Challenge! And this challenge really is a Fun one.. to include Feathers and/or Fur in your project. Now don't worry.. you don't have to use the real thing, the image can just be that has Feathers or Fur. But stretch your imagination and see if you can add a little fun to it!

Me I have been just dying to use this adorable image that I got  - it is so perfect, and I love that sentiment with it!

The image is called "My Best For Him" and it can be found HERE. And the sentiment is called "Truth about Christmas" and it can be found HERE.



Now before I go to much into the card I just have to give out a huge shout out to my Buddies Mike and Tina Wenke!!  They have been working on some fabulous new papers! Yes... that wonderfully talented artist Tina Wenke now has scrapbook and card making papers for sale! Just pop on over to her web site (www.TinaWenke.com) Click on into her shop and you will see lots of new goodies.  I am totally in love with the new Card Making papers!! They are 12x12 "Scrapbook" Papers diving into four 6x6 different pattern papers on one piece! So for my card I have four wonderful prints, but only used one piece of paper. Love that! And as soon as I saw tis wonderful Rejoice in the Winter Collection I knew it was perfect for my stamp I was using today. There are lots of great patterns so please pop on over and see them for yourself!  Tell them Michelle sent you and I said "Hi" :0)

Ok, now back to my card for the challenge - I colored my image with my Copics. (Sorry I mixed up my Copics before I snapped my photo) I then cut down the pattern paper and zig zag stitched together two of the patterns for the front, using the center of the mat pattern to also be the mat for my image. Thrifty huh? I then sewed down my image and attached to the front of a kraft card stock base. I found some dark brown twine in a drawer and it just seemed to be a natural embellishment for this image. I wrapped around the top three times, and the bottom three times and then took some small pieces and tied around them while curing the ends. I then stamped out my sentiment. This is one large sentiment... I just cut it in half so it would fit better on my card. I used a Copic to create a mat look on the edges, and pop dotted in place.

Then I added some glue and Ivory Flower Soft to my little lamb. I wanted to use Flocking, but in my mess of a room I couldn't find mine anywhere!! Hate that, but I don't think the Flower Soft turned out too bad. Gives him a bit of a curly look don't you think?


I then used the other two patterns from the Tina Wenke paper to create a simple inside -


This card really made me happy - it feels right I guess. And it came together all wonderfully.  The great image, with the great traditional Wenke Papers and the natural embellishment.

Now you want to see more Feathers and Fur? I know you do, cuz I have seen them and you just must! So head on over to the High Hopes Challenge and check out all the DT have flocked, feathered, puffed up and put together for this weeks challenge. Then please do join us! You could increase your count of High Hope stamps!!

So it is Tuesday... we have our wonderful helper coming out so Hubby will be out with him most of the day working on something. Me, I think house cleaning, laundry and cleaning and pricing things for our booth in the Antique Mall. Blah... I would so much rather be outside - or out junking!  But somethings to have to be done don't they?  Hope you have something wonderful to do today -

HUGS and

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Really cute Michelle and I do like those papers. That fluffy little sheep is just the best!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Michelle! Cute image and lovely use of your colors...esp like the sentiment:)


xxxTina

Carol Dee said...

Great card, love the sheeps flower soft coat. Turned out great.

Unknown said...

I know it's Saturday and I'm sooo late catching up with your blog but this week has sped by! This card is completely adorable and I love the fluffy sheep! Those Tina Wenke papers are so original, I'll take a peek later today. House cleaning is a rotten old necessity, but looks lovely when it's done and it makes time for more crafting!
Ellie Maggie x