Saturday, October 9, 2010

Animal Crackers - Look What Hubby Got Me! And MOVING PICTURES!!

Hi - Sorry I am so late today - LOL Was such a rough week with me having the Flu then Hubby getting it, and well.. I figured out how to get the video's from my Camera into the computer!! Took me all morning but we now have moving pictures and you are in so much trouble cuz I will be showing LOTS more videos from here on! I think... if this works that is!

First I want to show you what Hubby got me last weekend!!!! OH I JUST LOVE HIM! His name is "Hombre" - Hubby thought he would be fabulous out at our front gate, and well.. he would. But I just couldn't sleep at night thinking someone would steal him!
We are going to have touch up his coloring... LOL He is just a tad to blue for me, and he needs more dark in his mane, and loose the white legs, they just don't look right at all. He needs to look more like Diego....
"Hombre" is cast aluminum!! A full size Miniature Donkey! We nearly ran off the road when we saw him! I just love him, and Yes he would be great out at our front gate, but if anything ever happened to him, I would just die.
Here is our full size Donkey Ted E. Bear trying to figure out why he won't move just after we got him off the truck. Ted soon (meaning half an hour.. he isn't the brightest) realized that he wasn't "alive" and then thought he would make a great scratching post... so we knew he needed to go behind the fence away from Ted, or he would knock him over. So in our back yard he went.... then Autie got to meet "Hombre"


This went on FOREVER!! Funny thing is we thought is was so hysterical that Autie was afraid of "Hombre" and laughed... then later that night Hubby and I came into the kitchen and we both jumped seeing him in the backyard just at dark!!  We thought someone was loose in the backyard!! Got another chuckle out of that too... Both Autie and Libbie were really cautious going out that first night... now they run around and under him knowing he is just lawn art - 

Ok now one more Video... told you I was going to go Video nuts :0)

Found Felipe and Jorge playing this morning and thought it might just make you smile like it does me :0)  Jorge is the dark nosed little one, and Felipe is his slightly older and larger 1/2 brother chasing him. ( warning .. this photo is loading sideways "sorry"... it is right side up when I start it, then once it loads it is sideways!! So frustrating... so turn your head to the left and enjoy :0) again Sorry)


Be patient.. I am still learning how to edit my video's and load them here - so things are a little wonky at first :O} Got any tips... let me know cuz this is all new to me.

Hope you enjoyed Animal Crackers today - and let me know if do or don't like the addition of Moving Pictures!

HUGS and-

14 comments:

BethW said...

I don't have any moving pictures-help. Love your latest addition.

Anne said...

oh Michelle how cute are those little brothers playing chase - even if me neck is a bit squint now lol
Anne x

Jo said...

Oh Michelle, thank you so much for sharing, really made me chuckle. I was fooled too, I thought the lawn art was real until I read further!!!! Such cute pets!! Hugs Jo x

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love the Moving Pictures & yes, I thought Hombre was real too!! Have a great weekend.

Cards By MI said...

Love your new pal! ;) Your dear four feeted frieds are such a sweet bunch. The cutest...
xMarie

helencreaty1 said...

waw great pic of the donkey 's fmaily =), and great video, the baby donkey looked so happy running togheter =)
thanks for sharing
hugssss
helen

Carol Dee said...

How sweet your post is today. A super SWEET hubby for getting you Hombre! Sweet/silly puppy barking at a statue! Sweet-Sweet Brother's chase. TFS happy weekend, hugs...

BethW said...

Michelle I went to Internet Explorer and magically the videos appeared. They're wonderful-can't wait to see moe.

Caroljenks said...

Wow Michelle these are fab! That picture of Ted checking out Hombre made me chuckle and then Autie showing him who was boss...even funnier!
And those 2 little darlings Felipe and Jorge are great too - but again I laughed when I heard Autie getting in on the action at the end - a little bit of a film star there I think!

The videos are great - I can't wait to see more - It's just like being there with you :)

Carol x

DawnMarie said...

Wonderful pics Michelle, love your 'new' addition lol. I can understand why you would'nt want to leave him out overnight. Video is great, so funny.xx

Rufus said...

I thought Hombre was real! Loved Autie being brave. Felipe looked like he was getting a bit annoyed with his big brother! I'd say that hubby of your is a def. keeper. Loved this weeks Animal Crackers!
Hugs, R/

Net said...

Aw what a sweet video!

I L U R VE donkeys. The 'I'm gonna chase you and bite your tail' one was mega cute!

Jilli said...

I love the moving pictures Michelle ... its the closest i'm ever going to get to visiting your donkeys! Thank you!!! Hugs Jillix

TA Carbone said...

Michelle love the videos. Wish I had speakers tho. Love the statue also and a wise decision not to put it out front as I had my winnie the pooh carved from a large tree truck walk away and my mother had 2 oriental house and budda walk away and those were solid cement and very large.

:)
TA