Friday, October 15, 2010

Just Magnolias - Another great Sketch from Dawny!!

Just Magnolia's Day - Friday! This week is another FABULOUS sketch from DT member Dawny!

And I decided that I needed to have Edwin come out of my box and make up one of those hard to do "Guy" Cards - I never have cards for the men! Why don't they like flowers, pretty glitter and bling? LOL
So Handsome Edwin playing the guitar came out to play for us! I colored with my Copics and cut out with a circle Nestie to follow the sketch. I doodled around the edge.. note my silly little notes... LOL oh my I shouldn't try things like that as they are scary bad! LOL But at least they make me smile....
For the card I went through  my papers stacks and dug deep. I really need to move around all my stacks. I do that from time to time to get me to use stacks that have been buried for a long time. So there are three different pattern papers here - from three different collections. First off I knew I had to use a piece of Marianne Designs music paper behind Edwin. Just too perfect there. Then for the other pieces I went to older Basic Grey stacks and found a piece of Boxer and Wassail that went well together.

For the edges of all the papers, I distressed and sewed down, for the band across the bottom I stacked two ribbons. I so wanted to put some flowers on this ribbon... but then I held back and just went more manly, and found three buttons. Sigh.. flowers would have been so pretty here... but some men just wouldn't appreciate them. So Buttons work. The sentiment  is from Stamps by Judith, love that is a vertical sentiment.

 I just love Dawny's sketches - why not pop over to Just Magnolia's and play too!!!!


Copics Used: B32, 34, 95; C1, 5; E000, 08, 09, 19, 27, 29, 31, 35; G21, 24, 85; R89; Y28; YR24; W00, 02 - Blender

3 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Honestly Michelle, men are SO inconsiderate!! :) ) ) Seriously, this is a fantastic card; great colours, Edwin looks great & the buttons are a fab touch.

Carol Dee said...

Another great card. The musical paper for the BG is perfect behind Edwin. Hugs...

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Michelle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x