Friday, October 22, 2010

Just Magnolias - Think Pink!

Hello and Happy Friday! Today is Just Magnolias Day - and today the theme is to "Think Pink". I think we all know that this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so the theme is just too perfect for a wonderful cause.

Now seriously.. my card is much pinker than it looks. For some reason my photos just didn't take well this week.
 Oh well.. just "Think Pink" while looking at my card - it is really cream and pink in real life. So my card is created with Webster's Pages "Your live Beautiful" pattern paper. Two sided paper is so wonderful, no guessing if it matches... the company says it does so it does.. LOL I just adore the richness of these papers, and the images of the roses are gorgeous. I knew I wanted to use this Tilda when I pulled this paper. I usually start with the image, then find the paper, but was a bit backwards with this one. I sewed everything together. I added a pink ribbon... and some wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts - mulberry roses. They too were just the perfect shade of cream and pink to match my papers... trust me they are :0)  The sentiment is from Stamps by Judith.
 Tilda is paper pieced. I love matching her dress to the pattern papers when I can. Shame I don't work that hard to match my own.... LOL I also added one of the mulberry roses to the image, perfect size.
 I sprayed the entire card with Smooch Spritz - Vanilla... just a bit, to add some life and more bling to the card -
The roses are sprayed as well, love that shimmer to them. Really adds a lot.

So now pop on over to Just Magnolias and see all the other DT "Think Pink" cards - they really look pink -

Hope you have a wonderful Friday planned... me I am sitting and waiting for the Satellite Dude... yep - we are upgrading our Internet, and just like I thought, we are out of date again. OH the old dish will work for a while longer... but they have a new technology and with a newer dish and newer modem we will speed up our Internet and we will... no should... stop having the crashing and slow speeds. We will see, at least they had a really good special going on this month, so it isn't costing us a fortune.   WE will see.....

HUGS and

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Positively Perfect. Love the shimmer, the pink & cream colors and those sweet mulberry roses. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to read a bit more on that site soon. BTW, pretty good design you have here, but don’t you think it should be changed from time to time?

Kirsten Alicia said...

Goodness, that is gorgeous. Putting the rose onto Tilda's flower was a great idea.

Caroljenks said...

Love this card Michelle, and her dress looks amazing paper pieced like that - Love it :)

Carol x