Friday, October 29, 2010

Just Magnolias - A wonderful Sketch -

Hello and Happy Friday -
Man I am still wiped out from all the excitement from Libbie's Puppies - :0)

I did manage to get my card made for Just Magnolias  - was getting nervous that I wasn't going to make it this week as every time I would sit down and work on the card Libbie would make a noise and I would run to check on her. Can you say Nervous Granny?  Oh my you should here these three little things - how does something so tiny make so much noise? OH wait, they are Libbie and Autie's puppies... it is just in their genes.

Here is my card for this week's Just Magnolias - It was a wonderful sketch this week - and it worked really well for not only my ice skating Edwin and Tilda image that I love so much, but I was able to make it work with a sheet of the Thomas Kinkade pattern paper. I just love his work and when I found these papers I fell in love with them. But I won't lie... they are hard to use for cards as well... you cover so much of it up! But I think this worked pretty well.
 I sewed the pattern paper and the image to mats of semi-solid pattern paper that was in the Kinkade collection. The sentiment is from Stamps by Judith. Love it.
 
 For my flowers, I found two off white flowers, the larger one I sprayed with Silver Smooch Mist - The smaller one, with Vanilla Smooch Mist., then I added three chandelier crystals - mine are actually from the bridal department, love them! Even if it is hard to see them in the photo. I then punched out Martha Stewart Branches out of vellum. Now the first plan was to spray them with the Smooch... they sure were pretty just after I sprayed them. Sigh... and then they curled up into small tight little balls. So note: No smooch on Vellum. I punched a second set of them, and then after attaching them to the card I went back and high lighted them with Stickles.
My Ice Skating couple are colored with Copics (colors listed below) I then went back and added Dimensional Glaze to the "ice" and then stickles to Tilda's coat and for some "snow" falling. I really like how this all came out. In person it has a really cool look.

I hope you like my Winter Scene... Now skate on over to Just Magnolias and see all the gorgeous DT work, and join us for this fun sketch!

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers :0)
HUGS and
 
Copics Used: B0000, B34, B45, C02, E08, E09, E39, E44, E79, G21, G24, R20, N0, N02, V01, V04, YR21, YR24 - Blender Pen

7 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply stunning,gosh the detail on this is just pure,delight wonderful,love cheryl xxxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card :o) This DP is awesome Michelle and the texture on the image is great!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Pinklady 68 said...

A beautiful card!!Very cute image..lovely colored:-) Gorgeous layout and paper too.

Have a great weekend! Hugs Laila.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful card, I love the coloring.

Carol Dee said...

Pretty. I really like the flower accent all sparkly. Hugs...

Peg said...

Michelle, Just found your blog, love seeing all your cute animals and seeing their names. Your cards are beautiful! I was sorry to read about your accident this past summer. Sounds like you are doing great! I lost my eye eighteen years ago. It is amazing what a great job the ocularist can do. Take care!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Michelle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x