Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Winter Wonderland -

Spoon Full of Sugar day and today it is a Winter Wonderland! A Winter theme for cards - should be really easy with all the fabulous Christmas images out there. But me... I had NO MOJO this week. NONE.. Froze up Solid. Winter Wonderland - this card took me 4 nights to make, and lots of wasted paper thrown into the trash. And I am still unhappy with the finished card... but time was out and I just wasn't going to get to where I was happy... So here it is.

Now I am always happy with the Stampavie images... and this was a first time for me to color up Polar Present by Laurence, and I really enjoyed using it, was very fast to work with. Coloring with Copics, Stickles for some sparkle, and then for that snow.. Martha Stewarts Snow Glitter - really cool stuff, just need to figure out how to use it better.

Nestie label 4 to cut out. For the pattern paper I used DCWV Christmas stack for the one pattern, then the second I made it myself. I think I like it.... A piece of Core'dination card stock, embossed with my Spellbinders Snowflake Embossing die. I have had this forever! And first time I have used it. Not as easy to use as Cuttlebug folders, I think I need to google some better instructions. After running it through my Big Shot Pro, I sanded it, but then it needed that extra punch.. so I sprayed the entire piece with Vanilla Smooch Spritz. I am so in love with this stuff!! ;0)

The scalloped piece I found in my stash, I think it is also from Martha Stewart, had self adhesive and I was frustrated at how blah this card was. Silver Ribbon didn't even help it for me.....

Then I decided that sometimes you just don't feel a card - and this was mine for now, so finish it up and move on!! I did... started working on a 3-D project that I am just loving... LOL I'll show it off as soon as finished with it, but has lots of layers so it is taking me a while.

So until then  - why don't you surf on over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see the other DT creations, you can see that they didn't get as stumped as I did...




Copics Used: B0000, B32, B34, B52/BG0000/ C7, C00, C03/ G94/ R29, R20, R89/ Y28, 238/ YR14/ Black 100

6 comments:

dj1952 said...

Your card is great! Nothing wrong with it from this end. Love all the bling. Hugs, dj

Jingle said...

This is really cute!

Carol Dee said...

Well aren't they cute? Love all the sparkle. hugs..

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's a lovely card Michelle & the image is very cute. Looking forward to seeing your 3-D creation.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Michelle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

DawnMarie said...

Awww so cute Michelle. Love the sparkle!xx