Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tissue anyone??? Love this template!

I have been dying to use the Tissue Box template from Diane at the Stampavie DT Blog.
 I went a bit nuts though.. LOL Like I always do, when I look forward to doing a new project. I followed the template, Went really smooth and didn't take very long to put together. Then I went to the "decorating" That took me some time. I cut out panels for each side, inking and matting each of them, then sewing them each. The image is Sarah Kay - love her, I have colored with my Copics and then cut out with Labels Nestie 17, and again inked. Digging in my stash I found two Bosskutz dies, the flower and the flourish - I cut three of the flower in different scraps, on one of the flourish - stacked them all and for some "bling" I added six pink rhinestones. Then to the top decoration.... time again. But love how it came out.
 You think I over did it? LOL may have, but still love it! I created sewn panels for the sides, and with the same pattern the top. The center is cut out of oval Nesties, and a larger oval for the pattern paper. I then found another Bosskutz die, that is a corner scroll pattern. I cut four of them out - and added four more pink adhesive rhinestones. May be a bit busy... but I think I like it anyway.

This was so much fun to make! Even if I had to make a special run into town to get the right kind of tissue box. - I always buy the long flat kind - so I didn't have any to fit the template, but have them now, so I am ready for the next aahhh choo here!

Thanks so much Diane for such an easy wonderful template! I am thinking I might make a couple of more of these as gifts! What a wonderful "sick present" for a loved one with a cold.  HA.. do you guys do "sick presents"? My family does at times, it is a great reason to get yourself something you have been wanting when you are down and not feeling well. The bigger the "sick" the bigger gift you can ask for. At least that is my rule :0) 

Have a wonderful Wednesday -
HUGS and-

13 comments:

Anne said...

I love it Micehlle, it's gorgeous and not in the least OTT
Anne x

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous tissue box!!...love the way you decorated it..the image and lace border look Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Curly said...

Thanks Michelle for linking this lovely template,
the box you have made is awesome and beautifully coloured,
take care, have a great day, Crafty Hugs Bridget:)

Maria said...

Fantastic tissue box Michelle! Love all the details and your colouring is fabulous. Hugs, Maria

Carol Dee said...

WOW, what great tissue box. Make it pretty sitting on the counter or end table. And it is just your style! Thanks for sharing the template, too. Hugs...

Leanne said...

This is fantastic!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Anything Goes challenge this week - we have 4 amazing prizes up for grabs!!

Hope to see you there!

Leanne xx

Lacey Stephens said...

WoW! This is amazing! I love it...and I need to make one myself! it's so much nicer than the store-bought design!

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is absolutely amazing i love it and thankyou for putting the link on your blog too xx

sharyn davis said...

where ever did you find the energy for all that work! I want some. The kleenex box is ABSOLUTELY adorable. Today is my day to play and I can't wait!

Kirsten Alicia said...

WOW Michelle, this is GORGEOUS!!! And no, it is definitely not OTT. I love it.

Pinklady 68 said...

Gorgeous tissue box!! Love the colors and layout:-)

Hugs Laila.

Riet said...

So beautiful Michellr,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rufus said...

How can anything this pretty be OTT? Well done!
R/