Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Sparkly and Shiny!

Spoon Day! And today the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge is to make your project Sparkly and Shiny! Love that! Love Bling!

Now this card sort of makes me sad... as Hubby says this is one of those cards you just have to see in person to really "see it". Lots of Sparkle and Shine on it.

The image is Snowy and Rudolf from Stampavie - too cute, and perfect to add both Sparkle and Shine. Now if you had this in your own hands you would see that Snowy is covered with Clear Dimensional Glaze - so he shines and has shape. A real Ice look. I used my Copics, and cut out with Nesties Label 17. What do you think of that "sky" .. LOL I used a bit too dark of blue - then went back with the blender and removed a ton of it! I think it has a cool look - so cool that I created a mat with a piece of white card stock that I colored the edges of and removed ink. The papers - That shiny corrugated bronze paper and the red glitter paper are both from K&Company's Christmas Special collection I got last year. The glittered dot is a scrap. I punched the edge of the glitter paper with an EK Success border punch, and then ran a sentiment ribbon across the entire card.

Now join the Sparkle and Shiny fun at Spoon Full of Sugar! Don't worry if you can't capture all the bling in your photo... we all are having problems with that! LOL

6 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific card Michelle, it's going to look wonderful on a Christmas mantelpiece!

Annie said...

I am all behind visiting my blogging freinds ... blame the bugs! So today I am catching up with you Michelle, and such fabulous projects and great furry pictures since I last stopped by. I'm loving your glittery sparkly snowman, such a cute image - oh no! another for my long want list!
hugs, annie x

Lacey Stephens said...

I love your background. It's almost like denim. Very cute card and I am sure it is just super gorgeous in real life!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Carol Dee said...

I can see some of the sparkle and shine in the post. I bet it is dazzleing IRL. Hugs...

Rufus said...

Awwwww, that's so cute!
R/

Linda said...

Hi Michelle I love all the glitter on your card. It is hard to do justice to a card with glitter, shiney surfaces or acetate they just won't photograph well love Linda