Friday, October 8, 2010

Just Magnolias - 2x2

Friday and time for Just Magnolia! This week everything is done 2x2!! What does that mean? Well you can do whatever you like on your card, any theme, just make sure you have used a Magnolia image and everything else in sets of 2's....  2 flowers, 2 buttons... get it? Easy!

Well you would think it was easy... but when I was finishing up my card I realized that I used 3 pattern papers! duh! So I am counting the band across the middle as a ribbon ok? Cheating I know.. but hey I have had the flu this week - so there was no way I could sit and be creative for another card by today - so I hope I am allowed one cheat day... hey even Weight Watchers allows that from time to time :0)

Now I was really excited that I got to ink up a new Magnolia! I just love this one! Being in Texas I just had to break out and buy her don't you agree! Yee Haw! I found some fabulous papers in my stash this last week, totally forgot about having them, and knew they were meant for this Tilda - these papers are from Creative Imaginations, I adore the pink and brown cowgirl theme. I sewed them all down with a random stitch after inking the edges of everything.  Tilda is colored with my copics and then high lighted with white gel pen. She is cut out with Nesties label 17 and inked as well. Then I got a chance to use one of my favorite sentiment stamps... "Sending you a big ol' Texas Hug!"  got this at a local stamp store... love it!

For the challenge part I added two flowers, two buttons, two pink rhinestones  and wink wink... two ribbons..LOL

Now ride on over to Just Magnolias and see the other DT cards and join us for some 2x2!

HUGS and -

7 comments:

Jane said...

This is stunning hun!! Those papers are so perfect and I agree, how could you not have bought this stamp :)!! Love all the details, including your 2 ribbons ;) hugs, Jane xxx

Vectrarola said...

Wow, such a nice card! Lovely! =)

Pinklady 68 said...

A lovely cowgirl card:-)
Really cute image and perfect paper together.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs Laila.

Kendra said...

This card is just so eye catching! The pinks and browns combined with the stitching and beautiful flowers is absolutely gorgeous!

Jingle said...

VERY cute card!

Carol Dee said...

Yee-Haw she is CUTE !!! Perfect stamp for you TX stampers. Big hugs your way from IA !!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fantastic card Michelle, I love the colour, Tilda looks great & the sentiment is perfect.
I hope you're feeling better, have a great weekend. Hugs.