Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dust It Off Sunday - 2 - Alota Halloween

Hello and Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday - This is Dust It off Sunday #2 - and this week I dusted off my perfect for Halloween Alota Rubber Stamp images. Alota Stamps are something very special to me. I treasure each one of them I have, and totally ADORE Helene the owner of Alota... I don't think I could pick just one favorite of her million images she has on her website, but I really do love her background stamps. They are so perfect to use with any image or brand. So when trying to decide what I wanted to dust off for this Sunday and realizing that it is actually Halloween, the Haunted House Background stamp came in mind as the perfect stamp for a Halloween card - all though the house doesn't look too spooky to me, I wouldn't mind moving in. Just needs some pretty flowers and maybe a donkey grazing in the yard. :0)
Colored with Copics ( colors listed below ) I then cut the image and matted on Bazzill Bling orange card stock and sewed with a zig zag stitch. I found a piece of trick or treat candy in my stash, but again ... no name on the back of it. Sewed to a purple card stock, then placed on a 6x6 piece of the orange card stock. This way I could create an easel card with a 6x6 of the same card stock.
I then found two trick or treaters to pop dot coming off the road from the house. These are also Alota Rubber stamp images - I think they are just too cute. Love the fun child like feel of these two.

For the base inside I matted the pattern paper, sewed and then placed on the bottom, I cut a fancy Spellbinders tag - for the sentiment "Happy Halloween!". Also from Alota. While digging looking for the two orange buttons to place inside to hold the easel of the card, I found two pumpkin buttons. I cut the back off them and glue dotted them down for some added fun.

Was fun digging out some wonderful stamps that haven't seen the light in a while, and that is the whole purpose of my Dust It Off Sundays... if you would like to join me in pulling out an older stamp that needs a dust off and some ink to feel loved - please do so and then leave me a comment so I can visit you and see what came out your collection!

Have a wonderful Sunday - Already working on next Sunday's image... I am just having a blast digging through my stamps to see what I want to use for each week! Love my new stamps... but remembering how much I love the older ones too!

HUGS and-

Copics Used: B000, B21, B23, B34, B93, BV08, C01, C02, E000, E09, E27, E31, E37, E39, E53, E59, E74, G02, B85, R20, R37, Y08, Y11, YG91, YG97, YR21, W07, Black 100 and Blender Pen.